find your perfect postgrad program
Search our Database of 30,000 Courses
University of Wales Trinity Saint David
University of Wales Trinity Saint David (UWTSD)
UWTSD is a dynamic teaching, learning and research environment that embraces innovation and collaboration and has employability at its core.
Start your postgraduate journey at this exceptional and historic university, where higher education began in Wales.
UWTSD’s main campuses are situated in various locations in and around Swansea’s city centre as well as in the rural towns of Lampeter and Carmarthen in south-west Wales. UWTSD also has a campus in London and learning centres in Cardiff and Birmingham. Each campus and learning centre provides a different kind of student experience while all share a friendly atmosphere.
Offering a truly global learning experience, we welcome international students to our UK campuses.
Study with us and you will be choosing a unique learning environment, a friendly community where students tell you how much they value being a name and not a number and where your lecturers nurture you through your studies while you forge friendships for life.
Why choose UWTSD for your postgraduate study?
- Real-world research, excellent teaching and useful external links and partnerships.
- Employability is at the core of UWTSD’s courses.
- Supportive and friendly learning community.
- A historic university, founded in 1822, that embraces new ways of teaching and learning for the benefit of its students.
- New doctoral college: This exciting development will see an enhanced suite of opportunities, resources and support to help you thrive in your studies.
Ratings and rankings
- Excellent employment prospects: 97% of UWTSD postgraduate level graduates were in employment and/or further study 15 months after completing their studies - Graduate Outcomes Survey 2017/18
- In the Postgraduate Taught Experience Survey (PTES) 2018, UWTSD ranked in the top quartile in the UK for overall satisfaction; In the top quartile in the UK for satisfaction with retention; 6th in the UK for satisfaction with assessment; and, 9th in the UK for satisfaction with employability.
- UWTSD ranked 4th overall in the UK; 4th in the UK for retention; 5th in the UK for assessment; and, 7th in the UK for employability in the 2018 United Kingdom Engagement Survey (UKES).
- 60% of UWTSD’s research work was judged to be either outstanding (23.3%) or very considerable (36.7%) in terms of its reach and significance in the Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014. This demonstrates the strength of the University’s research work and the contribution it makes in seeking solutions to real-world challenges.
- UWTSD ranked 7th in the UK for student satisfaction with teaching quality - The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2021
- UWTSD ranked 7th in the UK for Academic Experience - Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey 2018
- UWTSD ranked =2nd in the UK for satisfaction with feedback - Guardian League Table 2021
- UWTSD ranked 1st for Course and Lecturers and for Accommodation, 4th in the UK for University of the Year and 9th for Student Support - Whatuni Student Choice Awards 2020
Experienced staff advise and support research students within their area of study. UWTSD also seeks to provide research students with the skills they need to develop their academic and professional careers, as well as helping them feel part of a wider academic community. The new Doctoral College is an exciting development designed to create a hub for these activities.
From September 2021, postgraduate research training and support will be provided by the University’s new Doctoral College. This exciting development will see an enhanced suite of opportunities, resources and support to help you thrive in your studies. It will have a dedicated on-line platform designed to allow collaboration across research groups and interests as well as being your hub for resources and events accessible wherever you chose to study with us.
Art & Design
Business & Management
Childhood, Youth & Education Studies
Chinese Studies & Theology
English & Creative Writing
International Hotel Management
Psychology & Counselling
Religious Studies & Theology
Sport, Health and Outdoor Education
Tourism, Events & Hospitality
- Academic Discipline: Psychology
- Applied Computing
- Canolfan Berfformio Cymru
- Childhood, Youth and Education Studies
- Design and Performing Industries
- Faculty of Humanities and Performing Arts
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Initial Teacher Education
- Management and Health (Carmarthen)
- Management and Health (Swansea)
- Natural Environments
- Performing Arts
- PGCE courses
- Professional Learning and Leadership
- Psychology and Counselling
- School of Architecture, Built and Natural Environments
- Social Policy, Youth and Communities
- South West Wales Centre for Teacher Education
- Swansea College of Art
- The Business School
- Welsh International Academy of Voice
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here