find your perfect postgrad program
Search our Database of 30,000 Courses
University of Kent: School of Social Policy, Sociology and Social Research
University of Kent
Division for the Study of Law, Society and Social Justice
The University of Kent is outward looking and forward-thinking, with academic staff who are leaders in their field, outstanding facilities and award-winning student support. Our interdisciplinary programmes are designed to help you sharpen your focus and take a step up in your career. In these challenging times, Kent’s an ideal place for postgraduate study.
The Division for the study of Law, Society and Social Justice
The Division covers a wide range of subjects, each School their own subject-specific research culture and a strong tradition of interdisciplinary research. Postgraduate study is offered at our UK campuses in Canterbury and Medway, both within easy reach of London, as well as at our specialist European Centre at the Brussels School of International Studies.
A research Master's degree is studied over one year full-time while a PhD involves extended study over three or four years. We also offer a selection of conversion programmes within the division to develop your skills and improve your career prospects.
School of Social Policy, Sociology and Social Research
Our programmes offer you specialist knowledge in your chosen area of social science and an advanced level of skills. Some programmes can be taken at Diploma or Certificate level before proceeding to Master’s level. Working professionals may be interested in the programmes we offer via distance learning.
All postgraduate students have access to office space with computing facilities. PhD students may have the opportunity to teach part-time within the School
Here are some of the courses available at the School of Social Policy, Sociology and Social Research:
Autism Studies – PCert, PDip, MA
Criminology – MA, PhD
International Social Policy - MA
To view all courses please see programmes listed at the School of Social Policy, Sociology and Social Research
Multimillion-pound postgraduate scholarship fund
We offer a range of funding opportunities, these include taught and research student scholarships, location-specific awards, and funding specifically for students who pay overseas fees. We also have doctoral training partnerships with several bodies, these include the UK Research Councils.
Review our On-Demand Virtual Open Event and find out how you can pursue your passion at Kent. Watch presentations from specialist academics and admissions staff about postgraduate study.
For more information, see kent.ac.uk/visit
For further information on all taught and research programmes, our postgraduate prospectus is available to download or you can request a copy.
To speak to a member of our dedicated team, please contact us
- Advanced Child Protection (MA)
- Analysis and Intervention in Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (MSc/Postgraduate Diploma - PgDip)
- Applied Behaviour Analysis (MSc/Postgraduate Certificate - PgCert/Postgraduate Diploma - PgDip)
- Applied Health Research (Doctor of Philosophy - PhD)
- Applied Psychology (Doctor of Philosophy - PhD)
- Criminology (MA)
- Doctorate in Cultural and Global Criminology (Doctor of Philosophy - PhD)
- Environmental Social Science (Doctor of Philosophy - PhD/MSc (Res))
- International Social Policy (MA)
- Methods of Social Research (MA/Postgraduate Certificate - PgCert/Postgraduate Diploma - PgDip)
- Migration Studies (Doctor of Philosophy - PhD)
- Philanthropic Studies (Distance learning) (MA/Postgraduate Certificate - PgCert/Postgraduate Diploma - PgDip)
- Political Sociology (MA)
- Positive Behaviour Support (MSc/Postgraduate Diploma - PgDip)
- Positive Behaviour Support (GDip) (Graduate Diploma - Grad Dip)
- Social Policy (Doctor of Philosophy - PhD/MA (Res))
- Social Work (Doctor of Philosophy - PhD)
- Sociology (Doctor of Philosophy - PhD/MA)
- Two Year Master's in Criminology (MA)
- Two Year Master's in International Social Policy (MA)
- Two Year Master's in Methods of Social Research (MA)
- Urban Studies (Doctor of Philosophy - PhD/MA)
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here