University of Kent: School of Social Policy, Sociology and Social Researchhttps://www.kent.ac.uk/sspssr/ccp/
University of Kent
International Centre for Child Protection
Study with us
The Centre offers the study of child protection in a different and more effective way. Whether you choose the 2 year Master’s in Advanced Child Protection, Postgraduate Certificate, Postgraduate Diploma, take our 10 week Standalone Modules, or attend the one or half day CPD accredited courses using simulations, the International Centre for Child Protection offers options to suit your personal circumstances and requirements.
A child-centred approach on these programmes offers professionals working with children and multi-agency practitioners the opportunity to gain knowledge, skills and confidence plus a 360° perspective on the child protection system, integrating research, practice expertise and theory. We bring together inter-professional perspectives and focus on direct work skills with parents and children.
Choose your preferred part-time, distance learning study programme
- Master’s (MA)
- Postgraduate Certificate
- Postgraduate Diploma
- Standalone modules
“I would definitely recommend this MA to anyone looking to further their understanding of child protection issues and relate this to practice. I am not sure there is anything else on offer which would have been better for achieving this. My knowledge and practice has been massively improved by undertaking this course”.
Safeguarding Health Professional
“I found this course fantastic. The content is varied and truly multi-disciplinary which, when allied with the diversity of students, means you get a truly expansive and refreshing perspective on all aspects of child protection.”
Listen to two of our students
Reasons to study with us
- Distance-learning online study to fit around your working day.
- High quality video lectures from experts/leading academics.
- All essential course reading provided, easily accessible online.
- Access to the Centre’s suite of award-winning inter-professional child protection simulations, innovative learning tools addressing neglect, courtroom skills, online grooming, radicalisation and child sexual exploitation.
- Thought-provoking activities promoting reflective practice and critical thinking.
- The MA attracts national and international students from a variety of professions. This adds to the depth and richness of its content and provides insightful global perspectives on child protection.
- Student intake consists of a mixture of stator and non-statutory agencies across the social care, health, education, police, law, probation and NGO spheres.
- Successful students are publishing their dissertation research in leading journals, some of which has gone on to inform teaching and learning.
The University has a postgraduate scholarship fund of £12million, including funding from the UK Research Councils. Opportunities range from a generous number of research student scholarships, through to location and subject specific funding, sport and music scholarships, and funding specifically for overseas fee-paying students.
School of Sociology, Social Policy and Social Research
University of Kent
+44 (0)1227 823684
- Advanced Child Protection (MA)
- Analysis and Intervention in Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (MSc/Postgraduate Diploma - PgDip)
- Applied Behaviour Analysis (MSc/Postgraduate Certificate - PgCert/Postgraduate Diploma - PgDip)
- Applied Health Research (Doctor of Philosophy - PhD)
- Applied Psychology (Doctor of Philosophy - PhD)
- Criminology (MA)
- Doctorate in Cultural and Global Criminology (Doctor of Philosophy - PhD)
- Environmental Social Science (Doctor of Philosophy - PhD/MSc (Res))
- International Social Policy (MA)
- Methods of Social Research (MA/Postgraduate Certificate - PgCert/Postgraduate Diploma - PgDip)
- Migration Studies (Doctor of Philosophy - PhD)
- Philanthropic Studies (Distance learning) (MA/Postgraduate Certificate - PgCert/Postgraduate Diploma - PgDip)
- Political Sociology (MA)
- Positive Behaviour Support (MSc/Postgraduate Diploma - PgDip)
- Positive Behaviour Support (GDip) (Graduate Diploma - Grad Dip)
- Social Policy (Doctor of Philosophy - PhD/MA (Res))
- Social Work (Doctor of Philosophy - PhD)
- Sociology (MA)
- Two Year Master's in Criminology (MA)
- Two Year Master's in International Social Policy (MA)
- Two Year Master's in Methods of Social Research (MA)
- Urban Studies (Doctor of Philosophy - PhD/MA)
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here