find your perfect postgrad program
Search our Database of 30,000 Courses
University of Kent: School of English
University of Kent
Division of Arts and Humanities
The University of Kent is outward looking and forward-thinking, with academic staff who are leaders in their field, outstanding facilities and award-winning student support. Our interdisciplinary programmes are designed to help you sharpen your focus and take a step up in your career. In these challenging times, Kent’s an ideal place for postgraduate study.
The Division of Arts and Humanities
The Division of Arts and Humanities at the University of Kent covers a wide range of subjects, each School their own subject-specific research culture and a strong tradition of interdisciplinary research Postgraduate study is offered at our UK campuses in Canterbury and Medway, both within easy reach of London, as well as at our specialist European centres: the Brussels School of International Studies and the Paris School of Arts and Culture. International collaborations exist across the US, China and Hong Kong and beyond, and through projects such as the Erasmus Mundus Joint Doctoral programme in Text and Event in Early Modern Europe in which Kent is the leading partner.
The division is known for the quality of its teaching, gold-rated in the government’s Teaching Excellence Framework, and for the interdisciplinary nature of its programmes and research. We understand that postgraduate students need flexibility, so many of our taught and all of our research degrees offer September or January starts. We have postgraduate programmes on architecture, philosophy, ancient history, creative writing, drama, music, various modern languages and many other subjects also. We also offer a selection of arts’ conversion programmes within the division to develop your skills and improve your career prospects.
Multimillion-pound postgraduate scholarship fund
To support you as you expand your knowledge and develop your ideas, we offer a range of funding opportunities. These include taught and research student scholarships, location-specific awards, sport and music scholarships, and funding specifically for students who pay overseas fees. We also have doctoral training partnerships with several bodies, which give you access to a range of funding, these include the UK Research Councils.
A supportive environment
Our Graduate and Researcher College helps to create a caring, stimulating intellectual and social environment, so that whether you’re returning to study after a break, studying part-time while continuing to advance your career, or a recent graduate, you can thrive and enjoy the challenge that postgraduate study provides.
Come and visit us at one of our Open Days, for more information see kent.ac.uk/visit
For further information on all taught and research programmes, our postgraduate prospectus is available to download or you can request a copy.
To speak to a member of our dedicated team, please contact us
- +44 (0)1227 764000
- Facebook.com/University of Kent
- Creative Writing (Canterbury) (MA)
- Creative Writing (Canterbury and Paris) (MA)
- English (Doctor of Philosophy - PhD/MA (Res))
- English and American Literature (Canterbury) (MA)
- English and American Literature (Canterbury and Paris) (MA)
- English and American Literature (Paris) (MA)
- Linguistics (Doctor of Philosophy - PhD)
- Medical Humanities (MA)
- Narrative Non-Fiction: Practice as Research (Doctor of Philosophy - PhD)
- Poetry as Practice (MA)
- Poetry: Text, Practice as Research (Doctor of Philosophy - PhD)
- Postcolonial Studies (MA)
- Postcolonial Studies (Canterbury) (MA)
- Postcolonial Studies (Canterbury and Paris) (MA)
- Text and Event in Early Modern Europe (Doctor of Philosophy - PhD)
- Text, Practice and Research (Doctor of Philosophy - PhD)
- The Contemporary Novel (Practice as Research) (Doctor of Philosophy - PhD/MA (Res))
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here