De Montfort University: Applied Accounting
|Institution||De Montfort University View institution profile|
|Department||Business and Law View department profile|
|Telephone||0116 257 7458|
The programme will be both quantitative and qualitative and reflect the increasing internationalisation of business. There will be an emphasis on the application of accounting and finance techniques, underpinned by the relevant UK law and regulations and international standards.
* Gain practical accounting skills - Strongly linked to accounting in a practical environment and to the role of finance trained staff within the economy.
* Get workplace ready - Employability skills will be simultaneously developed to aid progression from study to employment.
* Specialise in areas of your choice - Specialise in relevant areas of practice such as tax advise and audit which will permit you to consider areas of interest in more depth through a range of elective modules.
* Close links with employers and professional accounting bodies - providing you with opportunities for industry relevant sessions to enhance your employability
* The Department of Accounting and Finance is committed to providing a high quality educational experience - focusing on teaching excellence through diverse approaches to learning, teaching and assessment that enable all students to maximise their potential.
* Learn key skills to help you in the future - The programme is designed to reflect the requirements of the ACCA professional papers.
* Learn from industry professionals - The core taught modules will be delivered by professionally qualified accountants who have years of industry experience and teaching students to pass ACCA exams.
|Level||RQF Level 7|
Applicants will normally hold an undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance, Banking or Economics related subjects with a minimum pass of a Second-Class Honours, an equivalent overseas qualification, or an equivalent professional qualification. You must have studied Audit and Taxation modules as part of your undergraduate degree or ACCA applied skills level.
If English is not your first language, an IELTS score of 6.0 (including a minimum of 5.5 in each component) or equivalent is normally required.
|England||7700 GBP for Year 1|
|Northern Ireland||7700 GBP for Year 1|
|Scotland||7700 GBP for Year 1|
|Wales||7700 GBP for Year 1|
|International||14600 GBP for Year 1|
Career focus combined with academic expertise makes this course ideal for anyone wanting to pursue a career in any kind of accounting. This course will be both quantitative and qualitative and reflect the increasing internationalisation of business. There will be an emphasis on the application of accounting and finance techniques, underpinned by the relevant UK law and regulations and international standards.
|Level||RQF Level 7|
Applicants will normally hold an undergraduate degree in Accounting and/or Finance related subjects with a minimum pass of a Second Class Honours, an equivalent overseas qualification, or an equivalent professional qualification.
Those who do not align with the generic admission requirements may be eligible for admission via the Recognition of Prior Learning.
Overseas applicants for whom English is not a first language will be required to produce evidence of competence in English language. This will normally require an IELTS score of 6.0 or a TOEFL score of more than 60.
|EU||7500 GBP for Year 1|
|England||7500 GBP for Year 1|
|Northern Ireland||7500 GBP for Year 1|
|Scotland||7500 GBP for Year 1|
|Wales||7500 GBP for Year 1|
|International||14100 GBP for Year 1|
De Montfort University
Business and Law
The Faculty of Business and Law at De Montfort University (DMU) offers a wide range of industry-aligned postgraduate courses. Through a combination of theoretical and practical learning, our courses aim to provide you with a platform to enhance your career prospects. Within the Faculty there are two Schools:
Leicester Castle Business School (LCBS)
LCBS takes an innovative approach to learning by giving high calibre students from around the world the skills needed to succeed in the 21st century. Courses have been designed with employability in mind, you will learn from experienced academics and business …
Not what you are looking for?Browse other courses in Accounting, or search our comprehensive database of postgrad programs.
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here