Aberystwyth University: International Relations (Research Training)
|Institution||Aberystwyth University View institution profile|
|Department||Department of International Politics|
The global challenges of the twenty first century place important demands on students of international politics. Not only do we need to understand the ongoing changes in the nature of war and conflict, but we are also today faced with important transformations in global power relations, international flows of goods, people and diseases and, indeed, shifts in the nature of political communities on the globe. Whatever your background, whether in international politics or another discipline, this flagship MA programme provides you with the necessary tools to tackle these shifting landscapes. With a wide range of modules and departmental expertise at your disposal, the scheme will expose you to envisioning new, different, better ways forward in our efforts to cope with the challenging political, military, social, economic and environmental contexts we live in today.
Why study MA International Relations (Research Training) at Aberystwyth University?
• Opportunity to study at the world’s first university department of International Politics
• Our Department is ranked in the top 40 in the world for academic reputation (QS, 2017)
• Opportunity to choose from optional modules ranging from the study of war, conflict, strategy and security to the study of global order, international theory and ethics
• Opportunity to integrate into the research culture of a department at the forefront of understanding and tackling the challenges of ‘how we might live’ in the 21st century
• Opportunity to study in a challenging and highly stimulating intellectual environment and to engage with the most pressing and thought-provoking issues and topics in international politics
• The research training pathway is designed to also emphasise social science/humanities research training, a great benefit for those either considering PhD study or envisaging a career in social science research
• 76% of the Department’s publications were deemed either world leading or internationally excellent, making the Department the best in Wales and 7th in the UK - REF 2014
• The Department hosts a wide variety of academic events which postgraduate students are encouraged to attend, including guest lectures by leading experts and academics, round table discussions about past, present, and future international issues, and the weekly Departmental research seminars
|Level||RQF Level 7|
A good 2ii Bachelors (Hons) degree (in International Politics or IR Theory)
Good Undergraduate degree 2.2 (UK) (or above) equating to a mark of 56.5 or above. European and International applicants can find their grade equivalence on the comparability page on our website. Those who are not graduates must satisfy the University that they are of the required academic standard to pursue postgraduate study.
|EU||7000 GBP for Whole course|
|England||7000 GBP for Whole course|
|Northern Ireland||7000 GBP for Whole course|
|Scotland||7000 GBP for Whole course|
|Wales||7000 GBP for Whole course|
|Channel Islands||7000 GBP for Whole course|
|International||14700 GBP for Whole course|
Learn and live in an exceptional environment.
The Town and University
Established in 1872, Aberystwyth University was the first University Institution in Wales and has a long tradition of excellence in teaching and research.
Not what you are looking for?Browse other courses in International security, International studies, Politics, British politics, Comparative politics, Democratic studies, Diplomatic studies, European politics, International relations, Middle Eastern politics, Parliamentary studies, Political theory or Strategic studies, or search our comprehensive database of postgrad programs.
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here