University of Portsmouth: Electronic and Electrical Engineering (with Professional Experience)
|Institution||University of Portsmouth View institution profile|
|Department||Faculty of Technology|
|Telephone||023 9284 5566|
Are you looking to get professional experience in an electronic and electrical engineering role while also qualifying with a Master's in the field?
On this Electronic and Electrical Engineering Master's course, you'll combine a professional experience module or 6-month placement with taught modules that develop your skills and understanding in electronic and electrical engineering. You'll cover areas including advanced digital signal processing, microwave and high-speed digital circuit design, electrical machines, and power system technology.
When you complete the course successfully, your Master's degree and professional experience could lead to career opportunities in industries such as telecommunications, power generation and car manufacturing.
**What you'll experience**
On this Master's in Electronic and Electrical Engineering, you'll:
- Develop your knowledge and skills in electronic and electrical engineering
- Complete a professional experience module or take part in a 6-month placement to improve your employability skills and apply what you learn in industry
- Receive a student membership subscription to the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET), paid for by the University
- Develop an understanding of advanced digital signal processing, sensors and measurement systems
- Advance your knowledge of microwave and high-speed digital circuit design
- Learn about electrical machines and drive, and electrical power system technology
- Get practical experience in our fully equipped labs such as the Analogue Lab, the Digital and Micro Lab, the DSP Lab (using MATLAB), the Microwave Lab and the Power and Machine Lab
- Improve your transferable skills in areas such as communication, team working, research, numerical analysis, leadership, project management and enterprise
- Experience guest lectures to understand the latest industry developments and research
- Visit companies to get exposure to industrial activities and see how you can apply what you learn in industry
- Take part in research and work alongside academics who are researching in the field
**Careers and opportunities**
This Electronic and Electrical Engineering Master's degree can significantly improve your career prospects. The course exposes you to the latest developments in the field, as well as current research taking place at the University.
Importantly, you'll get 6 months' experience of working in the industry and get to apply your learning during your placement, or you'll complete a professional experience module. This gives you an advantage over other graduates when applying for jobs in industries that need skilled engineers.
When you finish the course, our Careers and Employability service can help you find a job that puts your skills to work. You can get help, advice and support from our Careers and Employability service for up to 5 years after you leave the University as you advance in your career.
**What can you do with a Master's in Electronic and Electrical Engineering?**
After the course, areas you could go into include:
- the telecommunications industry
- power generation
- electrical car manufacturing
- industrial control
|Level||RQF Level 7|
A second-class honours degree in a relevant subject, or equivalent professional experience.
English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 6.0 with no component score below 5.5.
Winston Churchill Avenue
|EU||9000 GBP for Year 1|
|England||9000 GBP for Year 1|
|Northern Ireland||9000 GBP for Year 1|
|Scotland||9000 GBP for Year 1|
|Wales||9000 GBP for Year 1|
|Channel Islands||9000 GBP for Year 1|
|International||16400 GBP for Year 1|
University of Portsmouth
We are the University of Portsmouth: a new breed of university, dedicated to your personal growth and development. Our horizons are broad. Our instinct is to explore. Our promise is to inspire.
Taught qualification or independent research? On-campus teaching or online part-time study? At Portsmouth, you can choose from a wide range of subjects and modes of study.
- No.21 university in the UK (Guardian University Guide 2020)
- Outstanding Gold-rated teaching for our students (TEF)
- Dedicated Graduate School supporting all research students
- Top 25% of universities for postgraduate research student experience (PRES Postgraduate Research Experience ...
Not what you are looking for?Browse other courses in Electrical engineering or Electronic engineering, or search our comprehensive database of postgrad programs.
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here