find your perfect postgrad program
Search our Database of 30,000 Courses
University of Glasgow: Leadership in Health and Social Care
|Institution||University of Glasgow View institution profile|
|Department||School of Medicine, Dentistry & Nursing|
Recent Government and NHS reports highlight the importance of effective leadership in ensuring that health and social care is delivered to the highest standard. This programme is aimed at professionals in Health and Social Care wishing to develop skills in leadership. Students will be encouraged to think critically about health and social care provision with a key focus on leadership, management and the economic landscape.
This programme will provide you with opportunities to develop and demonstrate knowledge and understanding, expertise in critical appraisal, and the ability to lead and innovate in your area of practice.
The programme reflects the need for professionals in health and social care to develop leadership skills in a dynamic health and social care environment to ensure quality care delivery.
This programme will provide you with opportunities to develop and demonstrate knowledge and understanding, expertise in critical appraisal, and the ability to lead and innovate in your area of practice. The programme reflects the need for professionals in health and social care to develop leadership skills in a dynamic health and social care environment to ensure quality care delivery. * The involvement of key people in leadership roles including the NHS and Scottish Government in both the planning and delivery will ensure that the programme has both currency and relevance. * You will have an opportunity to develop an understanding of economic assessment and explore approaches to managing budgets and balancing financial constraints with quality provision.
The PG certificate in Leadership in Health & Social Care consists of three 20 credit modules. These courses are aligned with the MSc (Med Sci) in Advanced Health Care Practice and can be added to other courses to complete a masters degree.
- LEADING CARE - PUTTING LEADERSHIP INTO THE HEALTH AND SOCIAL CARE CONTEXT
- LEADING IMPROVEMENT IN CARE PROVISION
- TRANSFORMING CARE SERVICES
Intended Learning outcomes
- Critically discuss theories of leadership and management and their application in the context of health care
- Critically discuss managerialism and the potential tensions between leadership and management roles
- Critically evaluate approaches to change management within the health and social care setting
- Exploring the potential barriers and facilitators to successful change.
- Critically analyse strategies and approaches to problem solving and decision making within the health and social care environment.
- Critically analyse the impact of policy and quality strategies related to health and social care in both a local and global context
- Critically discuss approaches to managing budgets and balancing financial constraints in the context of economic assessment and risk management.
- Display high level skills of critical appraisal of current literature and policy documents
- Analyse and synthesise evidence from multiple data sources
- Utilise strategies for decision making and problem solving
Find out more about core and optional courses
This programme meets the need to prepare professionals in both Health and Social Care to take on leadership roles. This has now been identified as key in the provision of high quality health and social care. The course content affords an opportunity for participants to develop new skills in leadership and enhance existing skills. The course offers a unique opportunity to develop skills in economic costing that can lead to improved service delivery.
The involvement of leaders, both in the planning and delivery, from a variety of settings including NHS and Scottish Government ensures that the programme is current and relevant.
There is a strong research culture within the Nursing & Health Care School so please visit our school web research web pages. You will be taught by staff who regularly publish papers and contribute to conferences.
There are opportunities to take your study further by completing a Masters by Research or a PhD. We aim to be an internationally recognised centre of excellence for research. Research within the school is undertaken with the view to positively influence the quality of health care locally, nationally and internationally.
PgCert Online Distance Learning
University of Glasgow
The University of Glasgow is one of the UK’s most prestigious seats of learning, and the fourth oldest university in the English speaking world. Established in 1451 and recognised for its world-changing research and teaching, the University has inspired thinkers from eminent scientist Lord Kelvin and the father of economics Adam Smith, to Scotland’s First Minister Nicola Sturgeon.
- is ranked 73rd in the world in the QS World University Rankings 2022
- is in the top 100 in the world: Times Higher World University Rankings 2022
- 95.9% of students in employment or further study 6 …
Not what you are looking for?Search our comprehensive database of postgrad programs.
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here