find your perfect postgrad program
Search our Database of 30,000 Courses
University of Glasgow: Child Health
|Institution||University of Glasgow View institution profile|
|Department||School of Medicine, Dentistry & Nursing|
This programme in Child Health reflects the need for the NHS to deliver basic academic training in paediatrics to all trainees in Scotland, and to formally cover the level 2 Framework of Competencies for Training in Paediatrics outlined by the accrediting body, Royal College of Paediatrics & Child Health (RCPCH).
- The Certificate in Child Health is run jointly by the University of Glasgow and NHS Education for Scotland.
- Scottish Deaneries have offered support to this programme, and will request that all paediatric trainees in their Level 2 Specialist Training complete this programme as part of their professional training.
- If you are a doctor in a training programme for paediatrics currently working as a Specialist Trainee (ST) in the UK, this programme is designed for you: in particular for ST trainees post-MRCPCH who are in ST years 3, 4 or 5. The programme may also be useful for suitably qualified overseas applicants.
- You will gain a qualification which, in conjunction with appropriate clinical training, will satisfy the General Medical Council / RCPCH and allow you to move on to your Level 3 training.
The Certificate is a mix of online and face-to-face teaching. Twenty 6-hour days of face-to-face teaching are delivered through the academic year, and these are supplemented by online lectures, formative exercises and compulsory reading. This allows a collegiate atmosphere to develop with less disruption to clinical experience. This certificate programme will reward the trainees 60 units of credit on completion.
The content is split into five compulsory courses
- PAEDIATRIC PUBLIC AND SOCIAL HEALTH
- PAEDIATRIC GASTROENTEROLOGY AND ENDOCRINOLOGY
- PAEDIATRIC NEUROLOGY
- CARDIOVASCULAR AND RESPIRATORY CHILD HEALTH
- MISCELLANEOUS PAEDIATRIC SUB-SPECIALITIES
A trainee must take all sections spanning a maximum of four academic years but typically over two years although some trainees will manage to complete all section during one academic year.
University of Glasgow
The University of Glasgow is one of the UK’s most prestigious seats of learning, and the fourth oldest university in the English speaking world. Established in 1451 and recognised for its world-changing research and teaching, the University has inspired thinkers from eminent scientist Lord Kelvin and the father of economics Adam Smith, to Scotland’s First Minister Nicola Sturgeon.
- is ranked 67th in the world in the QS World University Rankings 2020
- is in the top 100 in the world: Times Higher World University Rankings 2020
- 95.9% of students in employment or further study 6 …
Not what you are looking for?Search our comprehensive database of postgrad programs.
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here