find your perfect postgrad program
Search our Database of 30,000 Courses
University of Glasgow: International and Comparative Education
|University of Glasgow View institution profile
|School of Education View department profile
The International & Comparative Education Masters degree promotes an interdisciplinary and critical approach to education for students interested in the fields of international education, comparative education and international development. Education is more than ever a global issue that requires international and comparative perspectives.
- This MSc programme draws on theories and methods from the social sciences and the humanities field and applies them to critically analyse global topical issues in international and comparative education.
- Our mentoring scheme offers the opportunity to develop professional networks and to acquire and apply practical skills for the world of work in international organisations, global cooperation agencies, and national departments that take an international perspective on education.
- The teaching team combines expertise and research experience in many parts of the world, including North, South and Central America; Southeast Asia; Sub-Saharan Africa; the Arab World; and Western and Eastern Europe.
- Students enhance their methodological and analytical skills by developing their own research projects on topics and research contexts of their choice.
- Pedagogies and classroom dynamics are designed to maximise peer learning opportunities, the relevance to students’ interests and their control of the learning process.
Courses in semester 1 provide a solid base on education internationalisation dynamics, global governance of education and research methods for education policy analysis. Courses in semester 2 offer the possibility of expanding knowledge and skills by learning comparative education theory and methods, and the role of education in international development. In addition, students can choose a course from a wide offer of electives that include higher education research, economics of education, and advanced research methods.
- EDUCATION AND INTERNATIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- INTERNATIONAL AND COMPARATIVE EDUCATION
- INTERNATIONAL ACTORS AND GLOBAL EDUCATION POLICIES
- INTERNATIONALISATION OF EDUCATION
- POLICY ENQUIRY AND DECISION-MAKING
- ADVANCED POLICY ENQUIRY
- ECONOMICS FOR EDUCATION AND PUBLIC POLICY
- HIGHER EDUCATION AS A FIELD OF RESEARCH, POLICY AND PRACTICE
Graduates will be equipped for careers as international analysts, consultants, administrators, and leaders in the design and implementation of education plans, in international organisations, NGOs and large-scale education providers operating in different countries.
The University of Glasgow’s School of Education is an ambitious, major international research-led institution with traditional roots in Scottish higher education. We invest in the future of education through world-class research that advances knowledge and practice. Respected for contributions to policy and practice, our teaching and research benefits from strong partnerships with education communities.
Founded in 1451, the University of Glasgow is the fourth oldest university in the English-speaking world. The University has a history of changing the world and the School of Education is committed to nurturing the people who make it happen.
Sustainable Development Goals
The University of …View Profile
Not what you are looking for?Search our comprehensive database of postgrad programs.
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here