University of Glasgow: Advanced Practice in Veterinary Nursing
|Institution||University of Glasgow View institution profile|
|Department||College of Medical, Veterinary and Life Sciences|
|Telephone||0141 330 4515|
EXCEL THROUGH EVIDENCE-BASED PRACTICE
This programme provides a framework for postgraduate study that gives you the opportunity to advance your knowledge, improve research skills, and practice evidence-based veterinary nursing.
Now you can study an Advanced Practice in Veterinary Nursing MSc online at the UK's highest ranked University for Veterinary Medicine (Complete University Guide 2020).
- This is the first fully online postgraduate qualification designed specifically for RVNs currently being delivered in Scotland.
- The part-time and online nature of the programme means it is suitable for individuals who may be in full-time employment or have other personal commitments, allowing them to study over a three year period.
- Our programme encompasses a core set of skills, knowledge and competencies which revolve around the theme of evidence-based veterinary nursing.
- Core content is supplemented by a choice of optional courses which deliver specialised training in education or business management.
- Specifically designed to support the delivery of quality care, evidence-based learning and best practice techniques, our veterinary nursing degree reflects the need for tomorrows RVNs to be involved in lifelong self-directed learning.
LEARN FROM THE EXPERTS
- The programme has been devised by experts from different fields of veterinary nursing and the wider veterinary industry.
- This means that the planning and delivery of courses remains current, relevant and valuable to you, especially when it comes to furthering your career.
- Through our online learning platform, you will experience a range of learning and teaching approaches including lectures, tutorials, group work and independent project work.
- You will also have the flexibility to tailor the subject of many of your assessments and final Dissertation to disciplines or specialisms that are relevant and of interest to you.
- Apply knowledge of the policies and principles of veterinary nursing and how this relates to roles such as expert practitioner, manager, educator and researcher
- Critically analyse professional practice by adopting an evidence-based approach
- Analyse research methodologies used within evidence-based veterinary medicine
- Challenge existing theoretical principles and methods and propose alternatives to improve pre-determined outcomes
- Conduct comprehensive literature searches and critically analyse and synthesise the relevant literature in order to improve your personal practice
- Design, plan and create a specific research proposal to address an issue or to extend the existing knowledge base within an area of your practice
- Apply research design methodologies and analyse data sets using appropriate statistical tests in order to investigate an area of your practice
- Apply knowledge of clinical governance methodology to audit your own practice
Master of Science - MSc (PG)
|Level||SCQF Level 11|
September entry: Registered Veterinary Nurses (RVNs) who have a BSc/BSc (Hons) in Veterinary Nursing or a related subject, or equivalent international qualification, will be considered for the MSc programme OR
|Location||University of Glasgow|
University of Glasgow
|EU||11800 GBP for Whole course|
|International||11800 GBP for Whole course|
|England||11800 GBP for Whole course|
|Northern Ireland||11800 GBP for Whole course|
|Scotland||11800 GBP for Whole course|
|Wales||11800 GBP for Whole course|
|Channel Islands||11800 GBP for Whole course|
University of Glasgow
Ask a question: Enquire now
The University of Glasgow is one of the UK’s most prestigious seats of learning, and the fourth oldest university in the English speaking world. Established in 1451 and recognised for its world-changing research and teaching, the University has inspired thinkers from eminent scientist Lord Kelvin and the father of economics Adam Smith, to Scotland’s First Minister Nicola Sturgeon.
- ranked joint 69th in the world and was the first UK university to be rated as 5 Stars Plus overall (QS World University Rankings 2019)
- ranked joint 93rd in the ...
Not what you are looking for?Browse other courses in Veterinary nursing, or search our comprehensive database of postgrad programs.
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here