University of Derby: Dramatherapy
|Institution||University of Derby|
After successful completion of the MA Dramatherapy course you’ll be eligible to apply to the Health and Care Professions Council for registration as a dramatherapist, as long as you meet the HCPC’s requirements.
- Study a Masters course approved by the Health and Care Professions Council
- Graduate successfully and you’ll be eligible to apply to the Health and Care Professions Council to become a registered arts therapist (dramatherapist), as long as you meet the HCPC’s requirements. This is a legal requirement for those wishing to work as a dramatherapist in the UK
- Enhance your knowledge of theatre in the therapeutic process, and explore the role of improvisation and the need to adapt therapeutic interventions to individual and group needs
- You’ll conduct a major piece of independently researched work in an area of personal interest
- Further your understanding of psychological processes and have the opportunity to develop your own therapeutic approach
|Level||RQF Level 7|
You'll need: A relevant undergraduate degree such as BA (Hons) Drama, BA (Hons) Theatre Arts, BA (Hons) Creative Expressive Arts, Health and Wellbeing. Or you might hold an undergraduate degree or training in other areas such as psychology, occupational therapy, social work, nursing and have current evidence of theatre experience.
|EU||950 GBP for Module|
|England||950 GBP for Module|
|Northern Ireland||950 GBP for Module|
|Scotland||950 GBP for Module|
|Wales||950 GBP for Module|
|International||14700 GBP for Whole course|
Not what you are looking for?Browse other courses in Health studies, Occupational therapy or Drama therapy, or search our comprehensive database of postgrad programs.
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here