Sheffield Hallam University: Business Administration
|Institution||Sheffield Hallam University|
|Department||Faculty of Sheffield Business School|
|Telephone||(+44) 0114 225 5533|
•Learn to consider management and professional problems from many perspectives.
•Undertake an independent rigorous business and management research project.
•Become a recognised contributor to management thinking and advanced professional practice.
•Collaborate and learn with other DBA researchers across Europe.
•Study a course delivered in collaboration with our partners, the Munich Business School and Zagreb School of Economics and Management.
This course enables managers and senior professionals to pursue their academic, personal and career development goals. You'll have a chance to influence how management and professional practice is developed, with opportunities to study alongside other DBA researchers in Munich and Zagreb.
**How you learn**
Providing the foundation of the DBA are three modules that address both your personal research skills and the wider business landscape. These modules are taught and assessed in the first phase of your study.
You'll also benefit from a number of useful teaching approaches throughout the rest of the course — including lectures, seminars and tutorials. You will also be allocated an individual supervisor upon enrolment who will support you throughout your study.
You learn through
•a comprehensive induction programme
•one to one support from experienced personal tutors, supervisors and administrators
•a complementary studies programme comprising three modules
•online access to our e-learning environment
Our approach to teaching gives you the freedom to develop your own ideas and interests, and to tailor the programme to your own requirements. Small study groups facilitate intensive study, networking with senior managers from diverse backgrounds, and sharing ideas and experience within a stimulating and supportive environment.
The course is delivered in collaboration with our partners, Munich Business School and Zagreb School of Economics and Management, and there are opportunities for joint learning with DBA researchers at these institutions.
|Level||RQF Level 8|
Normally you should
• have an MBA, or masters qualification in a relevant area
• be pursuing, or have pursued, a significant career in professional or business areas that fall within the research interests of Sheffield Business School
• display evidence of your potential to develop work of doctoral standard
Exceptionally, we may consider applicants without a masters degree who
• have a good first degree in an appropriate discipline
• have at least three years- management or professional experience that reflects the research interests of Sheffield Business School
• can demonstrate continued development/education since graduation
You also need to talk to the course or programme leader to ensure that
• you meet the admissions criteria
• you have the potential ability to complete the course successfully within four years
• you can demonstrate intellectual curiosity, a capacity for critical analysis of issues, and the ability to abstract and formulate underlying principles in a systematic way
• your proposed area of research is appropriate to the programme
If you do not have such academic qualifications we may consider your application individually, based on your personal, professional and work experience, and other formal qualifications. You may also be able to claim credit points which can reduce the amount of time it takes to complete your qualification at Sheffield Hallam.
Applicants whose first language is not English must show evidence of
• IELTS 7.0 overall with no element under 6.5
• TOEFL iBT test with an overall score of 100 with a minimum of 23 in listening, 23 in reading, 26 in writing and 22 in speaking
Attendance at the university is required for week-long study blocks during the taught modules and for meetings/short events thereafter. International students may need to obtain short study visas for these trips, depending upon their country of residence.
|International||7535 GBP for Year 1|
|Channel Islands||7535 GBP for Year 1|
|EU||7535 GBP for Year 1|
|England||7535 GBP for Year 1|
|Northern Ireland||7535 GBP for Year 1|
|Scotland||7535 GBP for Year 1|
|Wales||7535 GBP for Year 1|
Not what you are looking for?Browse other courses in Administration or Business administration, or search our comprehensive database of postgrad programs.
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here