Loughborough University: International Financial and Political Relations
|Department||Geography and Environment|
Our master's in international relations explores the intersection of finance, politics and international relations by examining the changing nature of financial systems, banking and regulation, and issues of governance.
The contemporary world is interconnected by global financial networks as never before. Global flows of money are pivotal in the twenty-first century world economy, yet are shaped by regulation in geographically specific ways to produce a dynamic financial landscape.
The increasing globalisation of financial and political networks is unquestionably leading to greater demand for qualified specialists to provide both basic and applied knowledge in this area. Our MSc International Financial and Political Relations directly addresses these requirements.
You will benefit from the wide-ranging, world-renowned expertise of our academic staff, all of whom are committed to high quality, research-informed teaching ensuring the very best learning experience.
We are recognised as a world leader for research in this field, with this ground-breaking, multi-disciplinary master's in international relations combining the disciplinary expertise of geographers, economists and political scientists to provide students with a unique opportunity to examine the contemporary geopolitics of the world economy.
This master's will give you:
- an understanding of processes of contemporary globalisation as manifest in geographies of finance
- a thorough understanding of the relationship between financial systems, banking and regulation, and issues of governance
- a detailed appreciation of the working of current banking and financial markets
- an awareness of the way forms of governance shape the political economy
- experience of research techniques and methods used to undertake original research in this field
- an ideal multi-disciplinary grounding to inform business and policy practice and to doctoral research in the social sciences.
|Level||RQF Level 7|
A 2:2 honours degree with 55% or above (or equivalent international qualification) in geography or another social sciences/humanities discipline.
|EU||9300 GBP for Year 1|
|England||9300 GBP for Year 1|
|Northern Ireland||9300 GBP for Year 1|
|Scotland||9300 GBP for Year 1|
|Wales||9300 GBP for Year 1|
|International||19100 GBP for Year 1|
Not what you are looking for?Browse other courses in Business studies, Finance, International finance, Social sciences or Politics, or search our comprehensive database of postgrad programs.
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here