London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, University of London: Health Data Science
|Institution||London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, University of London View institution profile|
|Telephone||+44 (0) 20 7636 8636|
This programme, supported by Health Data Research UK (HDR UK), aims to train a new generation of world-leading health data scientists, to work in both the public and private sector. Teaching will focus on building strong quantitative, computational and practical data management skills, while providing opportunities to develop key professional skills required to be a successful health data scientist.
The programme will enable you to:
- apply statistical and machine learning approaches to analyse health-related data
- acquire the tools and skills to manage very large diverse datasets across healthcare systems
- develop the professional skills – including teamwork, project management, and presentation skills – to work as a successful data scientist in the public or private sector
- understand the varied roles of a health data scientist within the wider health and health research environment
- learn about the key sources of health data, and the context in which these data are collected, implications of the context on issues such as data quality, accessibility, bias and the appropriateness of use to address specific questions
- study the key issues related to ethics, security and information governance.
Modules may include (subject to validation):
Introduction to Health Data Science
Health Data Management
Epidemiology for Health Data Science
Statistics for Health Data Science
Analysis of Hierarchical and Other Dependent Data
Spatial Epidemiology in Public Health
Modelling & the Dynamics of Infectious Diseases
Survival Analysis and Bayesian Statistics
Genomics Health Data
Advanced Statistical Modelling
You will complete a research project on a relevant topic of your choice
|Level||RQF Level 7|
The normal minimum entry requirement to be considered for master’s degrees admission at the School is at least one of the following:
-a second-class honours degree from a UK university, or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard, in a relevant subject
Please be sure to check the individual programme for any additional entry requirements.
|Location||London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine|
London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine
The London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine is a world-leading centre for research and postgraduate education in public and global health. Our mission is to improve health worldwide; working in partnership to achieve excellence in public and global health research, education and translation of knowledge into policy and practice. This year, LSHTM celebrates 120 years of health innovation.
LSHTM is highly ranked in various university league tables:
- #1 in Europe for research impact in sciences by CWTS Leiden Ranking 2019
- #3 in the world for public health in ShanghaiRanking's Global Ranking ...
Not what you are looking for?Browse other courses in Data analysis, Database studies, Medicine and health studies, Health and disease, Epidemiology, Medical statistics, Applied statistics or Social statistics, or search our comprehensive database of postgrad programs.
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here