London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, University of London: Global Mental Health
|Institution||London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, University of London View institution profile|
|Telephone||+44 (0) 20 7636 8636|
This is a joint programme offered by the School and King’s College London Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience. It will provide you with the knowledge and skills to initiate, develop and oversee mental health programmes in low-resource settings, and to conduct and critically evaluate research on global mental health.
The programme will enable you to:
• demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the mental health challenges facing low-resource settings
• devise locally appropriate and feasible strategies to reduce the burden of mental disorders
• develop research protocols to investigate key issues in global mental health including epidemiological, intervention- and policy-related questions
• apply research skills to monitor and evaluate mental health programmes
Four Janssen Pharmaceutica Scholarships are available to students accepted onto the 2017-18 MSc Global Mental Health course. Each scholarship will cover full tuition fees, a living allowance of GBP 15,757 and an allowance of GBP 500 for MSc project expenses.
|Level||RQF Level 7|
The normal minimum entrance qualification is a 2.1 Honours degree or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard, or a registerable qualification in medicine, appropriate to the programme; applications with an appropriate technical qualification are also welcomed.
Students complete a project and write a report of a maximum of 10,000 words.
Core modules include: Fundamentals in global mental health; statistics for epidemiology and population health; principles of psychiatric research and psychiatric epidemiology; platforms of care for mental disorders; scaling-up packages of care.
|Location||London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine|
London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine
The London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine is a world-leading centre for research and postgraduate education in public and global health. Our mission is to improve health worldwide; working in partnership to achieve excellence in public and global health research, education and translation of knowledge into policy and practice.
LSHTM is highly ranked in various university league tables:
- #1 UK university for the proportion of academic research with women listed as authors - 2019 CWTS Leiden Ranking.
- #4 for Public Health in 2019 in ShanghaiRanking’s Global Ranking of Academic Subjects
- #1 in ...
Not what you are looking for?Browse other courses in Public health, Health studies, Community health, Mental health or Medicine (general and para-medical), or search our comprehensive database of postgrad programs.
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here