King's College London, University of London: Postgraduate Certificate in Education (Physics with Mathematics) PGCE
|Institution||King's College London, University of London|
|Department||School of Education, Communication and Society|
|Telephone||+44 (0) 207 848 7000|
Postgraduate Certificate in Education - PGCE
The PGCE Physics with Mathematics at King’s prepares trainees to become thoughtful, creative and engaging teachers, through understanding both the research which underpins and advances science teaching, and a wide range of practical approaches. The course is taught by an internationally-recognised science education group with over three decades of acclaimed research.
- PGCE courses at King’s are rated Outstanding by Ofsted. One reason is the strong research base which informs the course. In the last research assessment exercise, the department was rated second in the UK (REF, 2014).
- A working partnership with a broad range of up to 150 schools in London and beyond, providing unique opportunities to learn how to teach a diverse mix of students.
- Preparing students to teach outside the classroom: there is a residential field-trip and several other opportunities to make best use of what London has to offer the science teacher, from the South Bank to the Natural History Museum.
- 94% of 2018 graduates who sought teaching posts were employed within 6 months of qualifying.
- Two assessed pieces of coursework give you 60 Master’s-level credits – a third of an MA – which puts you well on the way to a Master’s degree in your chosen profession.
|Level||RQF Level 7|
Our PGCE programmes all require a minimum of:
Bachelor's degree with at least 2:2 honours (or overseas equivalent) usually in the subject you wish to teach.
Knowledge and understanding of the subject you intend to teach.
GCSE grade C or above (or an equivalent qualification) in English language and mathematics. Applicants without these English or mathematics qualifications at the time they apply may be considered, but they must obtain them, or pass an equivalent test approved by King's, before the course starts.
Not what you are looking for?Search our comprehensive database of postgrad programs.
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here