King's College London, University of London: Postgraduate Certificate in Education (Latin with Classics) PGCE
|Institution||King's College London, University of London|
|Department||School of Education, Communication and Society|
|Telephone||+44 (0) 207 848 7000|
Postgraduate Certificate in Education - PGCE
Our PGCE provides a clear, thoughtful and critical introduction to teaching Latin with Classics, drawing on leading education research carried out at King's. We work in close partnership with schools in designing, delivering and assessing our programme in order to develop excellent, reflective classroom practitioners.
- King's is one of only three institutions to offer PGCE Latin with Classics and the course has a national reputation for its quality.
- PGCE courses at King's are rated Outstanding by Ofsted. One reason is the strong research base which informs the course. In the last research assessment exercise, the department was rated second in the UK (REF, 2014).
- A working partnership with a broad range of up to 150 schools in London and beyond, providing unique opportunities to learn how to teach a diverse mix of students.
- 94% of 2018 graduates who sought teaching posts were employed within 6 months of qualifying.
- Located in the heart of London with opportunities for trips to sites such as the Museum of London.
- Two assessed pieces of coursework give you 60 Master’s-level credits – a third of an MA – which puts you well on the way to a Master’s degree in your chosen profession.
|Level||RQF Level 7|
Our PGCE programmes all require a minimum of:
Bachelor's degree with at least 2:2 honours (or overseas equivalent) in a Classics-based subject, for example Classics, Classical Civilisation or Ancient History.
Your level of Latin will need to be at least AS level grade A (or the equivalent) and this will be assessed at interview through a translation exercise.
Knowledge and understanding of the subject you intend to teach.
GCSE grade C or above (or an equivalent qualification) in English language and mathematics. Applicants without these English or mathematics qualifications at the time they apply may be considered, but they must obtain them, or pass an equivalent test approved by King's, before the course starts.
Not what you are looking for?Search our comprehensive database of postgrad programs.
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here