King's College London, University of London: Postgraduate Certificate in Education (Geography) PGCE
|Institution||King's College London, University of London|
|Department||School of Education, Communication and Society|
|Telephone||+44 (0) 207 848 7000|
The PGCE Geography at King’s gives trainees practical and theoretical ideas on the teaching of Geography as well as modelling ways in which Geography can be taught in the classroom.
King’s has established strong links with excellent partner schools and can offer trainees a rich and diverse experience of curriculum planning and delivery beyond the experience gained from their two placement schools.
- PGCE courses at King’s are rated Outstanding by Ofsted with excellent and knowledgeable staff on hand to support you through your training. In the last research assessment exercise, the department was rated second in the UK (REF, 2014).
- Opportunity to work with tutors who are actively engaged in research in their subject and in pedagogy more widely.
- Working partnership with a broad range of up to 150 schools in London and beyond, providing unique opportunities to learn how to teach a diverse mix of students.
- 94% of 2018 graduates who sought teaching posts were employed within six months of qualifying.
- Located in the heart of London.
- Two assessed pieces of coursework give you 60 Master’s-level credits – a third of an MA – which puts you well on the way to a Master’s degree in your chosen profession.
Postgraduate Certificate in Education - PGCE
|Level||RQF Level 7|
Our PGCE programmes all require a minimum of:
Bachelor's degree with at least 2:2 honours usually in the subject you wish to teach.
Knowledge and understanding of the subject you intend to teach.
GCSE grade C or above (or an equivalent qualification) in English language and mathematics. Applicants without these English or mathematics qualifications at the time they apply may be considered, but they must obtain them, or pass an equivalent test approved by King's, before the course starts.
Not what you are looking for?Browse other courses in Geography (secondary teaching), or search our comprehensive database of postgrad programs.
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here