University of Southamptonwww.southampton.ac.uk/postgraduate
University of Southampton
Study your postgraduate degree at the University of Southampton, a Russell Group university ranked 17th in the UK* and 90th among global universities**. Join us in changing the way that the world and society works.
Benefit from an excellent learning experience
- Arts and Humanities: archaeology, art, English, film, history, modern languages, music and philosophy
- Engineering and Physical Sciences: chemistry, electronics and computer science, engineering, physics and astronomy, and photonics and nanoelectronics
- Environmental and Life Sciences: health sciences, biological sciences, ocean and earth science, geography and environmental science, psychology
- Social Sciences: business, education, law, mathematical sciences and economics, social and political sciences
You’ll have the opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience with placements, field trips and exchanges. As a postgraduate research student you’ll be supported to build your profile as a researcher from writing research papers and enhancing your presentation skills to applying for funding to attend international conferences and research visits.
Study in fantastic facilities
You’ll have excellent facilities available to you at the University of Southampton which will enhance your studies and prepare you for your future career.
In the most recent Research Excellence Framework (2014), 97% of our research environment was assessed as world leading and internationally excellent. Some of the facilities you might use as part of your postgraduate degree include:
- £120M Cleanroom Complex
- 138m towing tank
- Biofilm laboratories
- Music studios and rehearsal rooms
- One of the most powerful supercomputers in the world
- Flight simulator and wind tunnel
- Law mooting room
- Bloomberg Trading Suite
Learn alongside incredible researchers
From helping people to hear and cracking cybercrime, to fighting cancer and tackling gender inequality in the film industry, our research is changing the way the world and society works.
You’ll learning alongside the people who are working on these research programmes and contributing to this life-changing research.
Our research funding exceeds £100m per year and we’re part of the Science and Engineering South Consortium, the most powerful cluster of research-intensive universities in the UK.
Find out more about the research you could be part of
Read our latest stories
Stand out in the global job market
A postgraduate degree from Southampton will make your CV stand out from the crowd.
There are many opportunities to develop your employability and career skills through placements, career events and working with our partner organisations on projects. Make the most of our links with global organisations including Rolls-Royce, Lloyd’s Register, Formula 1 and PwC.
Funding your study
There are many ways to consider funding your postgraduate study from the government’s master’s and doctoral loans through to scholarship and bursaries.
We offer a wide range of postgraduate scholarships and bursaries, which are awarded by individual academic units. Contact the postgraduate admissions tutor in the relevant academic unit to find out more.
If you’re a returning student, we offer a 10% discount on fees.
Join a supportive community
You'll belong to a rich diverse community of poeple like you who are challenging the boundaries of knowlege and technology. You’ll be academically challenged, supported and encouraged to reach your full potential.
Get in touch
*Complete University Guide, 2021
** QS World University Rankings, 2021
- Acoustical Engineering
- Aeronautics and Astronautics
- Aerospace Engineering
- Biological Sciences
- Biomedical Engineering
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Clinical and Experimental Sciences
- Electronics and Computer Science
- Energy Engineering
- Engineering Graduate School
- Geography and Environmental Science
- Health Sciences
- Human Development and Health
- Maritime Engineering
- Mathematical Sciences
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Education
- Modern Languages and Linguistics
- Ocean and Earth Science
- Optoelectronics Research Centre
- PGCE courses
- Politics and International Relations
- Social Statistics and Demography
- Sociology, Social Policy and Criminology
- Southampton Business School
- Southampton Education School
- Southampton Law School
- Winchester School of Art
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here