find your perfect postgrad program
Search our Database of 30,000 Courses
University of Southampton
Visit us at a postgraduate open event
Study your postgraduate degree at the University of Southampton, a Russell Group university ranked in the top 15 in the UK* and 77th among global universities**.
Benefit from an excellent learning experience
- Arts and Humanities: archaeology, art, English, film, history, modern languages, music and philosophy
- Engineering and Physical Sciences: chemistry, electronics and computer science, engineering, physics and astronomy, and photonics and nanoelectronics
- Environmental and Life Sciences: health sciences, biological sciences, ocean and earth science, geography and environmental science, psychology
- Social Sciences: business, education, law, mathematical sciences and economics, social and political sciences
You’ll have the opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience with placements, field trips and exchanges. As a postgraduate research student you’ll be supported to build your profile as a researcher from writing research papers and enhancing your presentation skills to applying for funding to attend international conferences and research visits.
Study in fantastic facilities
You’ll have excellent facilities available to you which will enhance your studies and prepare you for your future career.
In the next decade we plan to invest £300m in our infrastructure and facilities. We have high-quality facilities in all our subject areas, giving you the chance to work with specialist equipment that has real-world applications.
Many of our facilities are used in commercial testing and consultancy and are renowned in industry.
Some of the facilities you might use as part of your postgraduate degree include:
- £120M Cleanroom Complex
- 138m towing tank – the largest university tank in the UK
- Anechoic chamber
- Clinical academic research facility
- Digital humanities hub
- Financial Laboratory (FinLab)
- High voltage laboratory
- Law mooting room
- Music studios and rehearsal rooms
- Research vessels
- Special Collections archive
- Supercomputer capable of performing over a quadrillion calculations per second
- The RJ Mitchell wind tunnel which has been used by Olympic athletes and Formula 1 teams
Learn alongside incredible researchers
From helping people to hear and cracking cybercrime, to fighting cancer and tackling gender inequality in the film industry, our research is changing the way the world and society works.
You’ll learning alongside the people who are working on these research programmes and contributing to this life-changing research.
Our research funding exceeds £100m per year and we’re part of the Science and Engineering South Consortium, the most powerful cluster of research-intensive universities in the UK.
Find out more about the research you could be part of
Read our latest stories
Stand out in the global job market
A postgraduate degree from Southampton will make your CV stand out from the crowd.
There are many opportunities to develop your employability and career skills through placements, career events and working with our partner organisations on projects. Make the most of our links with global organisations including Rolls-Royce, Lloyd’s Register, Formula 1 and PwC.
Funding your study
There are many ways to consider funding your postgraduate study from the government’s master’s and doctoral loans through to scholarship and bursaries.
We offer a wide range of postgraduate scholarships and bursaries, which are awarded by individual academic units. Contact the postgraduate admissions tutor in the relevant academic unit to find out more.
If you’re a returning student, we offer a 10% discount on fees.
Join a supportive community
You'll belong to a rich diverse community of poeple like you who are challenging the boundaries of knowlege and technology. You’ll be academically challenged, supported and encouraged to reach your full potential.
Get in touch
* The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2021
** QS World University Ranking 2022
- Acoustical Engineering
- Aeronautics and Astronautics
- Biological Sciences
- Biomedical Engineering
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Clinical and Experimental Sciences
- Electronics and Computer Science
- Energy Engineering
- Geography and Environmental Science
- Health Sciences
- Human Development and Health
- Maritime Engineering
- Mathematical Sciences
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Education
- Modern Languages and Linguistics
- Ocean and Earth Science
- Optoelectronics Research Centre
- PGCE courses
- Politics and International Relations
- Social Statistics and Demography
- Sociology, Social Policy and Criminology
- Southampton Business School
- Southampton Education School
- Southampton Law School
- Winchester School of Art
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here