University of Huddersfieldhttps://www.hud.ac.uk/postgraduate/
University of Huddersfield
About the University of Huddersfield
The University of Huddersfield has a student population of around 20,000 students, with over 4,500 postgraduate students and researchers, and a large international community of students who come from over 120 different countries. There are around 1,350 postgraduate research students across campus.
Huddersfield is located in the heart of England. It is 2 hours from London, 30 minutes from Manchester and 20 minutes from Leeds by train.
Excellence in Teaching
The University of Huddersfield is a gold-rated university in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF). The institution is number one in England for professionally qualified teaching staff. (HEFCE, Dec 2016).
Flexible and part-time postgraduate study
The University offers flexible postgraduate study such as Master’s, PhD or Postgraduate Diploma and Postgraduate Certificate on a full or part-time basis. Some courses are also offered as distance learning.
Students have access to online learning resources, training materials, thousands of academic journal articles, reports and specialist publications allowing students to fit study around their commitments and lifestyle.
Many postgraduate courses can offer a route into a new profession and conversion courses can help students get into a new career.
Find out more about postgraduate study and courses available.
Research degrees and scholarships
The University of Huddersfield is increasingly international and is set to become a research intensive institution by 2020. The University works with international partners to tackle global challenges and actively exploring opportunities for high-quality joint research with universities, governments, industry and charitable organisations throughout the world.
We’ve got world-leading applied research groups in Biomedical Sciences, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Social Sciences, Arts and Humanities.
Find out everything you need to know about research degrees.
Learn more about research scholarships here.
Why choose Huddersfield for postgraduate study?
High levels of employability and Enterprise support
93% of our postgraduates find employment or go onto further study within six months of graduating (Destinations of Leavers Survey 2015/16). The average starting salary of our postgraduates is £31.3k (Destinations of Leavers Survey 2014/15.)
Aspiring start-ups and individuals wishing to start their own business can be supported by the Enterprise Team to get their big ideas off the ground.
Many postgraduate courses are linked to professional accreditations and some courses provide opportunities to work directly with a company on a real world problem.
Industry standard facilities
Over £80m has been invested in the past 6 years for facilities and new resources for students. Many courses benefit from industry standard facilities that aim to mirror as closely as possible the real life working environment.
The University’s alumni are a great example of what you can achieve as a postgraduate. Many have gone on to make an impact in a wide range of industries, organisations and even through starting their own business. There are over 30,000 alumni who are working at senior level positions and over 3000 alumni who are company leaders (Founders, Owners or Chief Execs).
Postgraduate Study Fairs, Online webinars and visits abroad.
The University runs a number of Postgraduate Study Fairs, online webinars and country visits abroad.
University of Huddersfield
+44 (0) 1484 472383
- Hong Kong
- Accountancy and Finance (BACCT)
- Accountancy, Finance and Economics (BDAFE)
- Applied Sciences - General (SAPPS)
- Architecture and Three-Dimensional Design (TA3D)
- Art Design and Architecture - General (TADA)
- Art (TART)
- Biological Sciences (SBIOLSCI)
- Business School (B) - General (BHUBS)
- Chemical Sciences (SCHEMSCI)
- Computing and Engineering (CE)
- Department of Accountancy Finance and Economics (BDAFE)
- Department of Behavioural and Social Sciences (HDBSS)
- Department of History English Languages and Media (ADHELM)
- Department of History English Languages & Media
- Department of Logistics Operations Hospitality and Marketing (BDLOHM)
- Department of Management (BDMGMT)
- Department of Music and Drama (ADMUS)
- Department of Psychology (HDPSY)
- Education and Community Studies (DECS)
- Education and Professional Development (DEDUC)
- Engineering and Technology (CEET)
- Fashion and Textiles (TFAT)
- Health Sciences (HDHS)
- Human and Health Sciences - General (HHAHS)
- Informatics (CEI)
- Law School (BDLAW)
- Logistics, Operations and Hospitality Management (BLAHM)
- Management (BDMGMT)
- Music Humanities and Media- General
- Music Humanities and Media- General (AMUSH)
- People, Management and Organisations (BLMGMT)
- Pharmacy (SPHARM)
- Strategy, Marketing and Economics (BSMKTG)
- The Law School (BDLAW)
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here