University of Brighton
The University of Brighton has a community of around 3,000 postgraduate students from a range of backgrounds and nationalities, studying in beautiful locations on the south coast of England. We’re also in the top 50 for graduate outcomes in the UK (Complete University Guide 2022.
The university takes a career-focused approach to learning and many of its 140+ postgraduate courses are recognised and accredited by leading professional bodies. Some courses offer exchanges and collaborations with our research partners in industry, public services and other professional associations, and provide opportunities to put your learning into practice and build a professional network.
Explore our postgraduate courses
The university offers flexible study options to help you to balance your work, life and study comfortably. For students who want to join the university for continuing personal development, there are opportunities to study individual masters-level modules.
Outstanding research environments
The University of Brighton has a well-established and research-active community which is committed to producing research that can be directly applied to society, culture, economy and the environment.
Our Centres of Research and Enterprise Excellence across internationally-recognised disciplines, foster major research strengths that were recognised in the most recent REF (2014), and by global partners.
Read more about our research.
The university supports and encourages high-achieving students, and offers a number of student funding packages through bursaries and scholarships.
- Scholarships worth 20% of tuition fees for University of Brighton alumni.
- Scholarships for international students, worth up to £2,500.
- PGCE, NHS and social work bursaries.
Read more about postgraduate fees and funding.
We also offer a range of excellent support services including advice and guidance services, study skills workshops, bursaries and disability service.
Read more about how we will support you to succeed.
We guarantee a place in halls of residence to all eligible students.
Explore your accommodation options.
Modern campuses in great locations
The university has four campuses across the south-coast, three are located in Brighton and one further along the south-coast in Eastbourne. Wherever you’re based you’ll be near the sea and countryside, and within easy reach of London.
- Brighton is one of the most diverse and popular cities in the UK; it’s awash with independent cafes, museums and shops and has a lively arts and music scene and the city hosts cultural festivals throughout the year. The seafront is lined with beautiful Regency architecture. Brighton has a forward-thinking attitude which makes it a brilliant place to live and study.
- Eastbourne is known for being sunny, friendly and relaxed, its home to a friendly community. Forty minutes along the coast from Brighton, the town offers a beautiful beach, plenty of shopping, art galleries, theatre and sporting facilities with the stunning hills of the South Downs National Park nearby.
Come to an open day
The best way to find out more about the University of Brighton’s postgraduate courses is to come to an open evening. Meet some of the lecturers, researchers and current students, and find out what it’s like to study here.
Find out about upcoming open days and events.
Find out more
If you have any questions about postgraduate study at the University of Brighton, get in touch with us:
+44 (0)1273 644644
University of Brighton