SOAS University of Londonhttps://www.soas.ac.uk/
SOAS University of London
Develop a truly global perspective
Attracting the brightest minds from all over the world to create a community that is diverse, vibrant and multinational. SOAS University of London is a unique institution specialising in the study of Asia, Africa and the Near and Middle East across a broad set of subject disciplines within the arts, humanities and social sciences.
Our vision is of an interconnected world where SOAS plays an important role in addressing the challenges facing the world by:
- Challenging perspectives through its research and teaching
- Helping to build bridges in a complex world
- Applying a global lens to the critical issues of our time
- Developing graduates who can influence and make an impact throughout their careers
- Developing new intellectual and strategic partnerships
As a student, you will engage in research that has a tangible effect on the real world by interacting with scholars at the forefront of their respective fields. Our postgraduate programmes will provide you with a deep understanding of global issues, distinctive in regional focus and relevant today.
Over the course of your study, you will have the opportunity to look at your subject(s) from multiple perspectives, to have your ideas challenged in debate with fellow students and tutors, and overturn any unexamined assumptions.
- Development Studies
- Finance and Management
- Gender Studies
- History of Art and Archaeology
- Languages and Cultures
- Media Studies
- Politics and International Studies
- Religions and Philosophies
Use of a National Research Library
A student favourite, the SOAS Library is one of the world's most important academic libraries for the study of Asia, Africa and the Middle East and one of only five National Research Libraries in the UK.
Online and Distance Learning
SOAS has over 20 years’ experience delivering distance learning programmes. Equal in standard to those taught on campus, our online and distance learning degrees offer you the flexibility to fit your studies around your professional and personal commitments, while simultaneously allowing you to build up a global network of professional contacts.
Scholarships and Awards
SOAS offers a diverse range of scholarships to help students finance their postgraduate studies, including:
- SOAS International Postgraduate Excellence Scholarship, (certain countries apply, these can be found on SOAS website). Worth partial fee waiver of £3,000 based on academic merit achievement of a UK first-class honours degree (1st) or the international equivalent and a 250-word personal statement.
- Postgraduate SOAS Global Impact Award is designed to reward and inspire excellence in global citizenship including inclusivity, leadership, social responsibility, innovation in solving complex local and global challenges. Scholars within the programme will benefit from a range of academic, financial and personal support including a £3,500 cash award and £750 for academic self-development, i.e. giving a paper at a conference.
Visit SOAS University of London
Join us at one of our postgraduate open events to discover what makes studying at SOAS so special.
Meet us in your country
SOAS has a proud history of welcoming students from all around the world and is one of the most cosmopolitan and diverse places to study on the planet.
Check out our current list of overseas events to discover if one is happening close to you.
Join us online
Hear and ask questions about the postgraduate process by joining one of our popular webinars.
SOAS University of London
10 Thornhaugh Street
Tel: +44 (0)20 7637 2388
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here