London South Bank UniversityVisit our website
London South Bank University
London South Bank University (LSBU) is a cosmopolitan university with a can do, go do attitude, welcoming over 15,000 students from 130+ countries and a global alumni network of over 80,000.
LSBU has served south London and beyond for over 125 years with a consistent commitment to providing high-quality education to all. The university has strong links with employers and courses are applied, accredited and offer placement opportunities.
The university is made up of seven schools offering both research and taught postgraduate courses:
• School of Applied Sciences
• School of Arts and Creative Industries
• School of The Built Environment and Architecture
• School of Business
• School of Engineering
• School of Health and Social Care
• School of Law and Social Sciences
You can find out more about LSBUs seven schools here.
LSBU gives you the support and flexibility you need to succeed. Studying must be a part of real life – you may need to earn some extra income, or having some trouble settling into your first year. The Student Life Centre is there to make your experience as easy as possible. Many factors can have an impact on students’ success, which is why we do everything we can to make sure you get the support you need.
- The Skills for Learning Centre offers students a range of interactive workshops, one-to-one tutorials and drop-in sessions delivered by experienced learning developers.
- The Academic Practice and English Language team provide guidance to maximise your reading, writing and thinking and the Maths and Stats team deliver tailored support to refresh and improve your numerical, mathematical or statistical knowledge.
- In addition, we provide specialist study materials through our online Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) Moodle site.
- Libraries on our Southwark and Havering campuses provide LSBU students with access to a wide range of books, journal articles and other specialist materials they will need to complete their studies.
- E-resources – including over 18,000 full-text journals – can be accessed off-campus 24 hours a day. A team of experienced, professional staff is on hand to give expert support and provide training.
LSBU’s excellent transport links mean they are minutes’ walk to the Underground and a short bus ride from some of the best places in the city, including Covent Garden, Tate Modern and the British Film Institute. Not only that, but we are minutes away from some of the most exciting cultural centres in the city like the South Bank, Borough Market and Bermondsey Street.
LSBU’s Southwark campus is in Elephant & Castle, without a doubt one of the most up-and coming areas in London; there’s so much to see and do within a short walk of the campus. Being here means you’ll have sights, attractions and nightlife on your doorstep
Taught Masters Courses
LSBU has the highest possible rating for the quality of their education, from the independent Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA). Courses are accredited or developed in association with leading professional bodies.
Search all courses
Teaching at LSBU is in line with the latest industry changes and trends, taught by staff involved in their professions who act as consultants for external enterprises.
Many employers, including top Fortune 500 companies, send their people to study with LSBU, so postgraduate students can build strong professional networks. Many courses include work placements and Course Directors also regularly invite outside experts to give guest lectures.
Why wait until September? Apply now for courses starting in January
Looking to transform your career path or start your studies earlier? There’s no need to wait for September. We offer you the opportunity to start some of our undergraduate and postgraduate courses in January. Learn more here
As well as addressing the challenging issues faced by society today, the University’s applied research seeks to provide solutions to the business world and beyond.
London South Bank University has 14 Research Centres and 33 Research Groups, each delivering a wide range of applied research, often with commercial partners. For example – the University’s pioneering research in foot and ankle biometrics helped develop products for global brand Fitflop, while research on cooling the London Underground has been incorporated into a £500m upgrade of the tube system.
Following the 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF) the University emerged as one of the top three modern universities in London after 73% of its research was given the two highest ratings (4* and 3*) for ‘impact’ –an assessment of the reach and significance a research project has achieved.
The London Doctoral Academy is the new home for the University’s postgraduate research students – and any funded studentships will be listed here. The Academy supports and develops professional researchers who are driven to make a difference in the world, whether that’s by influencing government policy or changing the way industries work.
Student success is clear with LSBU ranking in the top ten universities in the UK for highest graduate salaries*. In 2019 LSBU was named University of the Year for Graduate Employment for an unprecedented second year in a row*. The university was awarded silver in the Teaching Excellence Framework 2017.
* Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018 & 2019.
University Open Day
If you are considering studying a postgraduate course in 2020, this open evening is your chance to find out why you should join London South Bank University. Academic staff will be available to speak to you about the course you are interested in studying. Advisers will also be on hand to explain more about fees and funding and the application process and will be available to help with other questions you may have.
Come and meet us at our next Virtual Open Event
- Accounting and Finance
- Adult Nursing and Midwifery Studies
- Allied Health Professions
- Allied Health Sciences
- Applied Sciences
- Arts and Media
- Arts and Performance
- Business and Enterprise
- Business and International Studies
- Chemical and Energy Engineering
- Chemical and Petroleum Engineering
- Children’s Nursing
- Civil and Building Services Engineering
- Computing and Informatics
- Construction, Property and Surveying
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Engineering Systems
- Film and Media
- Food Sciences and National Bakery School
- Human Resources and Management
- Human Sciences
- Management and Marketing People
- Mechanical and Design
- Mental Health and Learning Disabilities
- PGCE courses
- Primary and Social Care
- Social and Policy Studies
- Social Sciences
- Urba,Environment and Leisure Studies
- Urban, Environment and Leisure Studies
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here