Find your degree of difference at Bournemouth University
Wherever you want to go, Bournemouth University (BU) can help you get there. Everything we do is designed to make you globally employable.
We offer an extensive range of postgraduate taught courses, as well as doctoral opportunities. If you choose to study at BU, you’ll leave fully prepared for professional practice, supported by the placement opportunities available on some courses.
- 91% of our graduates are in work or study six months after graduating (DLHE Survey, 2016)
- Rated among the top 20 universities in the UK for our links with industry in the Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey 2017
- Only university in the UK to have a Centre for Excellence in Media Practice
- Silver-rated for teaching excellence (Teaching Excellence Framework)
- Business School accredited by AACSB International
- One of only 15 universities with the EcoCampus Platinum and ISO14001 certification
- Accommodation is guaranteed for all postgraduate students as long as you apply by the relevant deadlines.
Life by the sea
Famous for its miles of sandy beach, Bournemouth is a beautiful place to live, work and study. On the south coast of England, it offers a cosmopolitan town centre with fabulous shopping, nightlife and a thriving music and arts scene. It’s easy to find your way around and less than two hours from London by train, and the ever-expanding Bournemouth Airport provides an excellent gateway to Europe.
There’s more to offer at BU than just a beach. We value excellence, achievement, authenticity, creativity and responsibility, but we also believe in having fun and making new friends. A further benefit of being a part of our postgraduate community is its sheer diversity – our staff and students come from over 100 countries and our outlook is truly global. Our student support services offer everything you need to make the most out of your time with us.
But don’t just take our word for it; hear what our current students think on our student blog.
A variety of subject areas to choose from
Our faculties of Management, Media & Communication, Science & Technology and Health & Social Sciences deliver a range of Master’s courses designed to reflect the needs of the modern world.
Whatever your background and interest, you’re sure to find the course that suits you at BU. Order a prospectus to find out more.
Modern resources and facilities
We deliver a great student experience, and have invested heavily in ensuring our learning and social spaces are modern and attractive. We are continually improving and there is much more to come in terms of new facilities.
As well as offering modern lecture theatres, seminar rooms, dedicated laboratories and 24-hour open access computing centres, our specialised academic facilities include: purpose-built studios for computer animation and digital special effects, recording studios, editing suites and a HD Sony television studio, Rapid Prototyping Suite, Virtual Manufacture Centre and a crime scene training facility.
There’s also a wide range of accommodation to choose from and modern sports facilities.
Helping you succeed
We recognise that studying for a postgraduate qualification involves investing in your future, that’s why our website contains up-to-date information about the funding support available, such as BU scholarships from £2,000 off your tuition fees*.
Join us for coffee and cake
Book to attend our next Postgraduate Open Day and you’ll get the opportunity to meet with a lecturer from the subject you are interested in. You'll also have the opportunity to chat to current students, explore our facilities and find out about funding and accommodation.
Discover all the ways you can meet us.
Future Students Enquiry Team
T: +44 (0)1202 961916
*Terms and conditions apply
- Centre for Excellence in Learning
- Department of Accounting, Finance and Economics
- Department of Archaeology and Anthropology
- Department of Archaeology, Anthropology and Forensic Science
- Department of Communication and Journalism
- Department of Computing and Informatics
- Department of Corporate and Marketing Communications
- Department of Design and Engineering
- Department of Events and Leisure
- Department of Humanities and Law
- Department of Human Sciences and Public Health
- Department of Journalism, English and Communication
- Department of Law
- Department of Leadership, Strategy and Organisations
- Department of Life and Environmental Sciences
- Department of Marketing
- Department of Marketing, Strategy and Innovation
- Department of Media Production
- Department of Medical Science and Public Health
- Department of Nursing and Clinical Sciences
- Department of Nursing Science
- Department of People and Organisations
- Department of Psychology
- Department of Social Sciences and Social Work
- Department of Sport and Event Management
- Department of Sport and Physical Activity
- Department of Tourism and Hospitality
- Faculty of Management
- Faculty of Science and Technology
- National Centre for Computer Animation
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here