University of Economics, Prague: Faculty of International Relationshttps://fir.vse.cz/
University of Economics, Prague
A top-ranked business school in Central Europe.
About the University
University of Economics, Prague is a leading business school in Central Europe (Eduniversal ranking 2008-2018) with more than 15,000 students.
Graduates are highly demanded by both the private and public sector and work in TOP international companies.
The classes are guaranteed and provided by more than 600 qualified academics and business experts.
Many significant Czech and foreign economists have obtained the University’s honoris causa title. Among these are, for instance, the Nobel Prize winners Prof. Robert A. Mundell, Prof. Milton Friedman, or Prof. Gary S. Becker.
The university is located in the centre of Prague with convenient access to major transport options. Prague is the capital of the Czech Republic which is a member state of the EU.
Studying in Prague? Yes!
- The Czech Republic is the 7th safest country in the world according to the Global Peace Index 2018
- Prague is the 26th best student city worldwide according to the QS Best Student Cities 2017
- Prague has a large and vibrant international community. Currently, there are more than 20,000 international university students
We run EPAS accredited programs!
The Faculty of International Relations (FIR) is one of the largest faculties at the University of Economics, Prague. There are two tracks in both teaching and research: International Business and International Politics and Diplomacy.
The distinctive feature of the FIR is its high level of internationalisation at all stages with a strong emphasis on language knowledge of students.
The FIR is the first faculty in the Czech Republic that has achieved a study program accreditation by EFMD. Two master programs in International Business have been awarded the EPAS accreditation for the period of 5 years.
Foreword from the Dean:
“The Faculty of International Relations belongs to excellent teaching and research institutions in the fields of economics, business and economic diplomacy.
What does make the Faculty and its alumni special? It is mainly the exceptional level of internationalisation. I can name a number of students spending one semester abroad studying or doing an internship, many faculty members teaching regularly abroad or a number of visiting professors.
This all leads to the ability of our alumni to understand very well the world of international business and diplomacy.”
doc. Ing. Josef Taušer, Ph.D.
Dean of the Faculty of International Relations
- Program: International Business Program
The International Business - Central European Business Realities master’s program covers all of the core areas of International Business, but it also provides a focus on the specific aspects and characteristics of the Central European business environment; it does so within the framework of the increasing trends of globalisation.
- One of the TOP business programs in the region according to the Eduniversal ranking 2018
- High degree of international diversity in terms of nationalities represented by the student body
- Option to get a Double Degree – two diplomas from the home and a host university
The program is aimed at preparing students for their management tasks and leadership roles in a multicultural entrepreneurial environment, in either national or multinational companies.
It provides students with comprehensive business education in the main fields of economics, management, finance, marketing and with in-depth knowledge and skills.
The high quality of the IB program is affirmed by its international EPAS Accreditation, awarded by the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD). The IB program is also consistently highly ranked by Eduniversal.
Double Degree Program & Study Abroad Opportunities
The IB Program is a member of the Consortium of International Double Degrees (CIDD), and we currently have eight Double Degree partner universities in Europe.
This provides students with a unique opportunity to spend their second year abroad if they choose so. They can then graduate with a double degree, obtaining diplomas from both the home and a host university which are:
- Université Jean Moulin, Lyon 3 (France)
- University of Applied Science Mainz (Germany)
- Management Center Innsbruck (Austria)
- International University in Geneva (Switzerland)
- Warsaw School of Economics (Poland)
- Linnaeus University (Sweden)
- University of Vaasa (Finland)
- Lappeenranta University of Technology (Finland).
IB students are also eligible for exchange semester abroad which offers them another international study experience. For the exchange program, the VSE has an agreement with more than 250 universities all over the world.
Students of the program come from all over the world and currently represent about 25 different countries.
However, our program is small enough, so students remain in a cohesive, integrated group and receive a lot of individual attention from professors and advisors.
University of Economics, Prague
International Business Program
T: +420 224 098 524
- Program: International and Diplomatic Studies
The aim of the master’s program in International and Diplomatic Studies is to produce highly specialised professionals in the fields of international politics and foreign policy with a particular emphasis on external economic relations, and to provide them with advanced theoretical knowledge of international relations, advanced understanding of international and diplomatic law, and strategic decision-making in foreign service or public diplomacy on international level.
- Study in friendly, small and diverse groups of students from all over the world.
- Minor tracks offer various specialisations in business or a semester abroad at one of our 250 partner universities.
- Study in the beautiful city of Prague in the heart of Europe.
The core values of the program are:
- Comprehensive understanding of the subject
- Interconnection of theory and practice
- Emphasis on ethical and environmental dimensions of decision-making
- Respect for the multicultural aspects of the international environment
Graduates are prepared for independent managerial, conceptual and diplomatic work in a current dynamic international environment.
The graduates can work as career diplomats, executives of international institutions at a state-wide or regional level, executives in European and international political or economic institutions and organisations, top-level managers and conceptual workers of international projects in NGOs, UN agencies, and other international public or private institutions, research workers, professional analysts, and also employees in mass media.
University of Economics, Prague
International and Diplomatic Studies
T: +420 224 098 824
- Program: Economics of Globalization and European Integration
The Joint master’s degree in Economics of Globalisation and European Integration (EGEI) is a specialised academic program in economics.
The program offers a scientifically well-founded training in the fields of Economics of Globalisation, International Trade, and European Economic Integration.
- Career in government, international organisations and the research and strategy departments of large banks and industrial and commercial corporations
- Profound insight into the current scientific knowledge in the fields
- Students are constantly operating in an international environment
The program is organised by a consortium of six partner universities even though teaching itself takes place at only three of them each academic year. The selection of hosting universities is based on a rotation plan.
- Università degli Studi di Bari Aldo Moro, Bari, Italy
- Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Brussels, Belgium
- Université Lille, Lille, France
- University of Economics, Prague, Czech Republic
- Universidad de Cantabria, Santander, Spain
- Xiamen University, Xiamen, China
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here