Coventry University: Human Factors in Aviation
|Institution||Coventry University View institution profile|
|Department||School of Mechanical, Aerospace and Automotive Engineering|
**Why choose this course?**
As our understanding of the impact of human behaviour on system and individual performance has increased, the importance of the field of human factors within the aviation industry has grown significantly. As the aviation industry continues to evolve and develop, it is likely that there will be a growing need for human factors professionals to work within all aspects of the industry to apply the latest knowledge on human performance to help improve safety and efficiency in aviation operations.
A fully distance learning course, this specialist part-time programme traditionally attracts a wide range of professionals – from aviation engineers to flight and cabin crew, safety personnel to air traffic controllers, and those working in civil or military organisations. As the course is distance learning, students can complete the course part time from the UK or overseas.
Course materials have been specifically designed to complement and enhance the existing knowledge of professionals already engaged in this most demanding of industries. The study materials have also been developed to be portable, allowing delegates to study them at a time and place that fits in around their busy work schedule. Studying by distance learning allows you to progress your career in industry while simultaneously being able to apply the knowledge and principles gained on the course.
**Key Course Benefits**
* The Human Factors in Aviation MSc received 100% overall course quality student satisfaction in the Postgraduate Taught Experience Survey (PTES) 2017.
* Approved by the European Association for Aviation Psychology (EAAP) as an accredited course leading to certification as a European Human Factors Specialist in Aviation/Aviation Psychologist for appropriately qualified EAAP members.
* Core members of the course team have achieved professional standing as Chartered Psychologists, a Registered Occupational Psychologist and Fellows of the Institute of Ergonomics and Human Factors, and are all research active staff who will share their research and industry experiences.
**Accreditation and Professional Recognition**
This course is accredited and recognised by the European Association for Aviation Psychology.
|Level||RQF Level 7|
Applicants should hold a good honours degree 2.2 or an equivalent international qualification or above in a relevant academic discipline, and be involved in the operational aspects of the aviation industry. However, applications from candidates with relevant experience and professional qualifications will also be considered on an individual basis.
Coventry University is a dynamic university that provides high quality education to students. Our teaching, staff, facilities and student experience have all been recognised as being among the finest in the sector and our future is looking bright as a modern university with a flourishing global reputation.
Why choose Coventry University?
- Top 15 for five years running in the Guardian University Guide (2016-2020)
- Awarded University of the Year for Student Experience (The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2019)
- 1st for Overseas Experiences (based on student trips abroad from HESA 2016/17 data)
- Gold for outstanding teaching and …
Not what you are looking for?Browse other courses in Aircraft maintenance, Avionics, Transport, Aviation, Aeronautics, Astronautics, Airport planning, Air transport management or Logistics, or search our comprehensive database of postgrad programs.
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here