Cardiff University: Medical Education (E-Learning)
|Institution||Cardiff University View institution profile|
|Department||School of Medicine|
Our Postgraduate Certificate in Medical Education programme is committed to promoting excellence in learning and teaching for health professionals It is for all medical, dental and other health professionals who aim to professionalise the role of the clinician as teacher.
This part-time distance-learning programme leads to the award of a Postgraduate Certificate in Medical Education. This is stage 1 of a three-stage, progressive course and those who successfully complete it may apply to progress to the Postgraduate Diploma and MSc stages.
The programme recognises the diverse, complex and challenging contexts of both those new to educator roles and responsibilities and those with considerable years of experience. The overall aim of the course is to develop a community of educators committed to promote improvements in both ‘what’ and ‘how’ we teach future healthcare professionals.
The course is highly practical and aims to model best practice in learning and teaching and draws upon a wide range of innovative approaches to learner support and development. The course is organised into a series of modules that involve interactive activities delivered within an online environment. These activities are conducted within groups, each one being facilitated by an online tutor. This affords an opportunity to explore the module topic through discussion and clarification of understanding and also gives the opportunity and time to apply new learning through the online discussions, tasks, webinars and assignments. Through this there is ample time to reflect on own practise and to share experiences and new insights with colleagues. This is a truly interactive programme.
The programme is accredited by Academy of Medical Educators (AoME) and aligned to the UK Higher Education Academy Fellowship criteria and GMC Trainer criteria.
- Benefit from our longstanding expertise and more than two decades of experience of running medical education courses that integrate research and scholarship
- Aligned to the UK Higher Education Academy Fellowship criteria and GMC Trainer criteria
- Academy of Medical Educators accreditation
- Specifically designed for clinicians and healthcare professionals, with flexibility to meet your individual needs and circumstances
- Assessment tasks linked to your own educational practise, allowing you to apply theory and concepts to your clinical setting
- Opportunity to study alongside healthcare professionals from diverse backgrounds to promote understanding and sharing of good practice
- Support from an academic team of dedicated educationalists, active in professional associations who have a breadth of experience both nationally and internationally
- Optional attendance at a short Effective Teaching Skills course
- Positioned within Cardiff University School of Medicine and located at University Hospital of Wales, we are well placed to support the education and training of clinicians and clinical educators
Postgraduate Certificate - PgCert
Postgraduate Diploma - PgDip
Cardiff University is an ambitious, innovative and vibrant university, ranked in the top 150 universities in the world. We are the only Russell Group University in Wales and are incredibly proud of our diverse community, with over 31,000 students enrolled, representing more than 100 countries.
Academic life at Cardiff University is challenging and rewarding, with our students being taught by leading academics in over 200 taught Masters’, diplomas and certificates across the University. We also offer a selection of part-time study postgraduate courses and standalone modules in a number of subject areas.
94% of both our UK ...
Not what you are looking for?Browse other courses in Medical education, or search our comprehensive database of postgrad programs.
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here