Top 10 Nutrition Masters Degree Courses In The UK & Europe

Masters courses in Nutrition can vary between focussing on individuals with eating disorders to looking at nutrition and how it impacts global health.

Depending on your career aims the differing emphasis of the masters courses will mean that some are better suited for the varying types of nutritionists.

Here’s our selection of 10 of the best masters degree courses in Nutrition*.

Masters in Nutrition Science – Karolinska Institutet

Cost: No fee for Swedish or EU students / SEK200,000 for international students.
What You Will Study: This 1-year course at the Karolinska Institutet in Sweden is studied full time and is taught in English. The course focusses on the scientific basis for nutrition and has a substantial research element

MSc in Eating Disorders and Clinical Nutrition – University College London

Cost: £13,450 total cost for UK and EU students / £24,860 total cost for international students.
What You Will Study: Modules at UCL include Malnutrition in the Community, Eating Disorders: Treatment, and Fundamentals of Nutrition and Metabolism. The course is aimed at those with experience in Nutrition and takes 1 year when studying full time and 2 years with part-time study.

MSc in Global Food and Nutrition – University of Edinburgh

Cost: £15,500 total cost for all students.
What You Will Study: This is an online program taught by the University of Edinburgh and takes between 3 and 6 years on a part-time basis. There is substantial research element and the taught modules include Nutrition for Food Security and Interrelationships in Food Systems.

MSc in Nutrition – King's College London

Cost: £12,300 for UK and EU students / £25,500 for international students.
What You Will Study: Modules at the MSc in Nutrition at King’s College London include Clinical Nutrition, Nutrition Research Skills and Public Health Nutrition. This course is taken full time in 1 year.

MSc in Human Nutrition – University of Copenhagen

Cost: No fee for Danish or EU students / DKK 55,000 per semester for international students.
What You Will Study: This course at the University of Copenhagen in Denmark is taught in English over 2 years and is studied full time. Modules include Nutrition Related Diseases, Experimental Nutrition Physiology, and Nutrition, Growth and Development.

MPhil in Nutrition – University of Manchester

Cost: Between £4,327 and £20,500 per year for UK and EU students / Between £23,000 and £35,500 for international students.
What You Will Study: This is a full-time research-based MPhil at the University of Manchester that takes 1 to 2 years to complete depending on the student’s own research.

Master of Advance Studies in Nutrition and Health – ETH Zurich

Cost: CHF 11,160 total cost for the whole course for all students.
What You Will Study: This 2-year program at ETH Zurich in Switzerland is studied on a full-time basis and is taught in English. The course aims to give students a wide-ranging understanding of human nutrition and its link to human health.

MSc in Human Nutrition – University of Glasgow

Cost: £8,850 for UK and EU students / £25,170 for international students.
What You Will Study: This MSc in Human Nutrition at the University of Glasgow is studied full-time over 1 year. There are four areas of focus; Clinical Nutrition, Public Health Nutrition, Sports and Exercise Nutrition, and Obesity and Weight Management.

MSc in Nutrition for Global Health – London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine

Cost: £10,470 total cost for UK and EU students / £24,200 total cost for international students.
What You Will Study: This program provides training in public health nutrition in a global setting. It covers epidemiological, dietary, public health, social and biological aspects of nutritional science. The MSc in Nutrition for Global Health can be taken in 1 year when studying full time or 2 years part time.

Masters in Human Nutrition and Food-Related Behaviour – University of Helsinki

Cost: No fees for Finish or EU students / €15,000 per year for international students.
What You Will Study: This is a 2-year full-time program at the University of Helsinki in Finland that can be studied in English. There are 3 specialisation areas: Nutritional physiology, Food behaviour in a changing society, and Public health nutrition and food services.

*Source

Related Articles

Top 10 Global Health Masters Degree Courses In The UK & Europe

Top 10 Epidemiology Masters Degree Courses In The UK & Europe

Postgrad Solutions Study Bursaries

22 comments

Anushka Srivastava Aug. 16, 2020, 6:23 p.m.

I am Finishing my final exams of Bsc Honours ,Food & Nutrition from Lady Irwin College, Delhi University, India
I am Interested in PG courses in Public Health Nutrition (PHN)
Please suggest me Colleges and Related courses, where some scholar ships are awarded as well

Charlotte King Aug. 17, 2020, 5:41 p.m.

Hi Anushka,
If you paste this link into your browser you will see our database of postgraduate courses in Public Health Nutrition >
I suggest you take a look at the courses on offer and check their websites for funding opportunities. Once you have been accepted onto a PG course you will be eligible to apply for one of our Postgrad Solutions Study Bursaries worth £500 >
Good luck.

YY Oct. 21, 2020, 11:29 p.m.

Hi,
I'm currently pursuing my final year B.sc in Applied nutrition and Public health.
I'd wish to get my masters from London,UK.Suggest me universities which provide the course along with scholarships which are full time and of 2 years

Charlotte King Oct. 26, 2020, 9 p.m.

Here is a list of all the Nutrition masters degrees available at universities in London >
Once you have been accepted on a program you will be eligible to apply for one of our Postgrad Solutions Study Bursaries worth £500 >

Sally Elzein Nov. 26, 2020, 11:12 p.m.

Hello,

I am interested in pursing my masters degree in clinical nutrition/public health
Is there any university that offers online learning?

Charlotte King Dec. 1, 2020, 6:20 p.m.

Hi Sally – there are plenty of great options if you want to study a Public Health masters online – take a look at this link >
This article is also rather useful >
Good luck with your studies.

SS Dec. 6, 2020, 3:53 p.m.

Hii
I am a student of bsc nutrition and dietetics in India and I want to do my masters from UK . So , please suggest some universities with related courses that offers scholarships as well .

Charlotte King Dec. 11, 2020, 1:19 p.m.

Here is a list of all the Nutrition masters programs available to study in the UK >
And once you have been accepted on a course you will be eligible for a Postgrad Solutions Study Bursary worth £500 >

Pramila Gurung Dec. 13, 2020, 7:15 a.m.

Hi there,
I finished my bachelor's in hotel management and was wondering if my course makes me eligible for masters in nutrition??

Charlotte King Dec. 13, 2020, 10:27 a.m.

Hi Pramila – different Nutrition masters will have different entry requirements – and some will definitely require the bachelors degree to be in a relevant topic. However if you have a good grade in your BA (2.1) and some relevant experience you may well be eligible. I suggest you contact the admissions teams on the courses you are interested in and see what their entry criteria is. Good luck!

Muhammad Usman Khan Dec. 15, 2020, 1:10 p.m.

Hii
I am a student of B.Sc Human Nutrition in Pakistan and I want to do my masters from UK . So , please suggest some universities with related courses that offers scholarships as well .

Charlotte King Dec. 16, 2020, 6:02 p.m.

Hi Muhammad – I hope you are well.
Once you have been offered a place on one of the courses you will be eligible to apply for one of our Postgrad Solutions Study Bursaries worth £500 >
In addition to this many UK universities have good funding for PG students so I recommend that you check with the funding sections on their websites and see if they have any relevant scholarships that you are eligible for.
Good luck!

Bahar Hajilou Jan. 23, 2021, 12:16 a.m.

I am a UK citizen living in London and I have graduated with Bachelor of science in Nutrition & Health and I currently am studying my master's of science in Clinical Nutrition at a university in London.

I would like to apply for PhD in either clinical nutrition or Nutrition & Dietetics at a valid good university which degrees' will be accepted by other countries around the world. Doesn't matter where it is either in the UK or Europe.

I would prefer if the funding is either paid or is free or at least it is not that high.

I would really appreciate if you help me towards this and let me know of anything that I should know.

Kind regards,
Bahar Hajilou

Charlotte King Jan. 26, 2021, 7:59 a.m.

Hi Bahar,
Here is a list of PhDs in Nutrition that are currently available to study >
You might find that studying the PhD in the English language will be more universally accepted – and don't forget that once you have been accepted onto the PhD program you will be eligible to apply for a Postgrad Solutions Study Bursary worth £500 >
Good Luck!

Grace Mary Varghese March 8, 2021, 4:54 p.m.

Hello,my name is Grace.I am currently pursuing BSc PCM(Physics,Chemistry,Math) in India which is a 3 years course.I would like to study MSc Nutrition science and dietetics anywhere in Europe after completing my course in July. Please do suggest some universities in Europe which offers this course and has less tuition fees.

Anu Susan Daniel March 10, 2021, 4:03 p.m.

Can i do my master in nutrition and dietetics abroad with my 3 year bsc nutrition and dietetics in India?

Rupeksha Ved March 15, 2021, 6:57 a.m.

Hi! I'm a student of Bsc Microbiology in India and I'm interested in doing my Masters Clinical Dietitian so please suggest me universities related to it in any European countries

Charlotte King March 22, 2021, 7:53 a.m.

Hi Ved – Here is a list of masters courses in Clinical Nutrition and includes European universities such as University College Dublin in Ireland and the University of Aberdeen in Scotland >

Charlotte King March 22, 2021, 8 a.m.

Hi Anu – as long as your BSc degree is from a registered university in India, has the required grades (usually 2.1 or equivalent) and you meet the English language requirements you should be able to study your masters overseas at a European/UK university. Good luck!

Charlotte King March 22, 2021, 8:06 a.m.

Hi Grace – Here is a list of all the European universities currently offering a masters program in Nutrition > https://www.postgrad.com/courses/nutrition/europe/
Different universities will charge different tuition fees – for example a postgraduate course at the University of Copenhagen is more affordable for international students than many other universities in other European countries including the UK. However it is worth checking what funding opportunities individual universities have for their PG programs so take time to do some research into all aspects of tuition fees and funding.

jeneena Celestine March 31, 2021, 6:11 p.m.

Hi, I am a food processing engineering graduate (BTECH) would like to do Masters in Food & Nutrition related courses. Please suggest me accredited masters courses abroad.

Charlotte King April 6, 2021, 3:39 p.m.

Hi Jeneena – paste this URL into your browser for a selection of Food & Nutrition masters courses in the UK and Europe >
Good luck with your studies.