Birmingham City University: Accounting and Finance
|Institution||Birmingham City University|
|Department||Birmingham City Business School|
|Telephone||0121 331 6295|
Looking to study a postgraduate accounting and finance course in Birmingham? Our MSc Accounting and Finance degree is accredited by Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA).
Taught by professionally qualified academics with a wealth of industrial and professional experience, this CIMA accredited Master's course focuses on the practical application of accountancy in the real world and theoretical aspects of related research with a clear objective of preparing you for a career in accountancy, finance or management. You can maximise your CIMA exemptions by choosing particular modules, and get prepared for the remaining final (external) CIMA exam(s) at the end of the course.
You can study ACCA with us (full or part-time) and then take the final, 60 credit dissertation module to gain the MSc award. Our status as a Platinum Approved Learning Partner reflects the quality of our course provision and teaching.
If you are already a CCAB or CIMA qualified accountant you have the option of seeking accreditation for prior learning experience (APLE) or simply topping up with the final, 60 credit dissertation module to gain the MSc award with our Masters Stage course.
Based at the University’s new campus in the UK’s second city, you’ll live and study in an exciting, vibrant environment and engage with local, national and international businesses.
**What's covered in the course?**
The course is highly flexible, allowing you to customise your degree to align more closely with a particular professional body or specialise in particular areas of accounting or finance. The flexible course explores a range of business disciplines, offers real world examples and case studies and is recognised by the major global professional bodies enabling fast track progression to internationally recognised professional accounting qualifications upon completion.
**Why Choose Us?**
- Our accreditation from the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) helps boost your postgraduate qualification even more, giving you professional qualifications employers would be hard pressed to ignore.
- Our accreditation allows us to offer an extensive list of CIMA exemptions, including all Management and Strategic level CIMA papers (excluding the case studies). We automatically offer tuition for the Final Strategic Case Study upon completion of your MSc (in November / December).
- We also boast close links with CIMA, who offer our students reduced registration and exam fees, as well as full access to their support content, which includes webinars and online support.
- The course offers a high level of flexibility in terms of your module choices.
- Maximise your CIMA exemptions by choosing particular modules, and take only two external CIMA exams at the end of the course. Preparation for this (final case study) exam is included in the course.
- If you are seeking to become a qualified accountant, you can take our ACCA course first (available full or part-time) and then only take the final 60 credit dissertation module to gain the full MSc Accounting and Finance degree. Our status as a Platinum Approved Learning Partner reflects the quality of our course provision and teaching.
- If you are already a qualified ACCA or CCAB accountant, you need only take the final 60 credit dissertation module to gain the full MSc degree.
- The University is an active research centre, and the latest Research Excellence Framework 2014 report found that we’ve doubled the amount of staff producing internationally recognised research.
- The course offers a recognised and respected programme of study around one of the business world’s key functions.
|Level||RQF Level 7|
You will need to demonstrate academic ability and technical capability in accounting and finance to be able to study on this programme. Consequently the entry requirements for the programme are as follows: A first or second class degree in Accountancy, Accounting and Finance or business related area with significant accounting related content from a UK institution or international equivalent; OR ACCA Papers F1-9 / CIMA Operational and Management Levels (or equivalent); OR A full professional accountancy qualification (APEL may be available); OR A pre-Master’s programme approved by Birmingham City University.
|Location||City Centre Campuses|
1 Curzon Street
|EU||10600 GBP for Year 1|
|England||10600 GBP for Year 1|
|Northern Ireland||10600 GBP for Year 1|
|Scotland||10600 GBP for Year 1|
|Wales||10600 GBP for Year 1|
|International||12800 GBP for Year 1|
Not what you are looking for?Browse other courses in Business studies, Accounting or Finance, or search our comprehensive database of postgrad programs.
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here