Birkbeck, University of London: Econometrics
|Institution||Birkbeck, University of London View institution profile|
|Department||Economics, Mathematics and Statistics|
|Telephone||0203 907 0700|
This programme provides very specific training in advanced econometric theory and applications. You take the same courses and examinations as those enrolled on the MSc Economics and MSc Finance, and will learn how to:
- collect and process economic data
- transform economic theory into applicable models
- use modern econometrics packages
- apply a wide range of estimation techniques
- interpret and evaluate results
- present an analysis and conclusions in written reports.
- Economics and finance at Birkbeck have acquired an excellent reputation for the quality of our training, which we extend to a wide range of clients, including the Treasury and the Bank of England.
- In the 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF), more than half of our research outputs in Economics were ranked world-leading or internationally excellent.
Postgraduate Certificate - PgCert
|Level||RQF Level 7|
A second-class honours degree, or its equivalent, in either a directly relevant or a highly quantitative subject.
Relevant practical work experience and professional qualifications also taken into consideration.
Demonstrable qualities, such as good time management and the ability to cope under pressure, are vital.
June examination and a project
For information about course structure and the modules you will be studying, please visit Birkbeck’s online prospectus.
Birkbeck, University of London
Birkbeck, part of the University of London, offers nearly 300 taught and research postgraduate programmes across arts and humanities, business and economics, law, science and social science. As an evening teaching specialist, Birkbeck offers its taught postgraduate courses between 6-9pm, with some courses available through distance learning. As with undergraduate courses, postgraduates can study full-time or part-time.
Home to 44 research and specialist institutes, Birkbeck is the sixth largest provider of taught postgrad courses for UK and EU students - some 44% of its 11,000-plus students are on postgrad programmes. Around 90% of its academics ...
Not what you are looking for?Browse other courses in Social sciences, Economics or Econometrics, or search our comprehensive database of postgrad programs.
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here