Aston University: Computer Science
|Institution||Aston University View institution profile|
|Department||School of Engineering and Applied Science|
|Telephone||0121 204 4810|
With no specific subject qualification required, this course offers an opportunity for non-computing graduates to pursue a career in computing. Boost your career and access roles in a rapidly growing industry with an MSc qualification in a highly in demand skill set.
This programme will give you the skills and experience to become an industry-accredited professional.
- Be prepared to respond to the computing challenges of the business world;
- Gain the theoretical underpinning needed to support sound analysis, design and delivery of technology solutions;
- Develop a systematic understanding of the software development process; as well as practical software and information systems engineering capabilities based on well-founded principles;
- Be able to communicate in an IT context and gain graduate-level transferable skills;
- Get professional experience and a wide perspective on IT and business through employment at collaborating host companies, or the Aston student-run software company;
- Prepare yourself for an effective career in IT with the potential to reach leadership roles.
The MSc Computer Science programme will enable students to develop a systematic understanding of the software development process, and the associated professional skills necessary in practice.
12 months plus 5 week initial "boot camp" training**
|Level||RQF Level 7|
A Bachelors Degree in a non-Computing subject, with at least grade 2:1 (or equivalent) and GCSE Mathematics Grade B or equivalent.
Applicants whose first language is not English will be required to provide evidence of an English language qualification. Find out more about our English language requirements. For more information about qualifications view our Aston in your country webpage.
|EU||9350 GBP for Year 1|
|England||9350 GBP for Year 1|
|Northern Ireland||9350 GBP for Year 1|
|Scotland||9350 GBP for Year 1|
|Wales||9350 GBP for Year 1|
|International||19450 GBP for Year 1|
Aston University is a stimulating and enjoyable place to study. We pride ourselves on providing a modern, supportive and multicultural environment and are committed to giving you the opportunity to achieve your full potential. You will learn in a friendly and diverse community in the centre of Birmingham, a vibrant and multicultural city in the heart of the UK.
You will be taught by both academic experts and practitioners who bring a wealth of real world experience into the classroom. There is an emphasis on learning by doing, to ensure that you gain practical experience by applying ...
Not what you are looking for?Browse other courses in Computer science, or search our comprehensive database of postgrad programs.
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here