University of Central Lancashirehttps://www.uclan.ac.uk
University of Central Lancashire
Founded in 1828 as the Institution for the Diffusion of Knowledge, the University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) now has a staff and student community approaching 38,000 and 180,000 alumni. The University offers over 200 postgraduate courses – both taught and research – in a range of subjects. What's more, UCLan is ranked in the top 6% of universities in the world (CWUR 2019/20). We also have a community of around 20,000 students from over 120 countries, including 5,000 postgraduate students and 700 research students.
The University has over 200 postgraduate taught programmes across all Schools and there are opportunities in all Schools to complete supervised research at doctoral and master’s level. Research degrees can be studied full-time or part-time. Almost 50% of the research submitted to the Research Excellence Framework 2014 was classed as world-leading or internationally excellent.
Scholarships and bursaries specifically for postgraduates are available from the university.
See our complete A-Z listing of all postgraduate courses available at UCLan.
Based in the North West of England, Preston is a vibrant, cultural and friendly place, as well as a popular student city, with the railway station just a 10-minute walk through the city centre.
Close to the coast, the city offers plenty of attractions, including two shopping centres, art galleries, museums, cinema, coffee shops and restaurants. For those who enjoy a night out, there are also many bars, clubs and pubs around the city, There's everything from bowling, crazy golf and darts to an assault course, karaoke booths and laser tag.
Preston is also one of the most networked cities in the country, located a short distance from the coastline, Lake District, Manchester, Liverpool and several international airports.
Students benefit from studying in the cheapest city in the UK, while Preston is regarded as the best place in the North West to live and work (PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) 2017 and the thinktank Demos).
We have identified significant areas of research strength, ambitions and expertise and have developed six UCLan Research Themes, producing high quality international and world-leading research.
To drive our research we have launched two UCLan Research Institutes and 11 UCLan Research Centres.
Our Graduate Research School offers a dedicated resource and focus for postgraduate research students who are the future of our research endeavours.
Over the last decade, UCLan has consistently increased its international research capacity as demonstrated by the improvement in results in the Research Excellence Framework (REF2014). All sixteen subject areas in which UCLan’s research was assessed were judged to contain ‘world-leading’ elements.
At UCLan we offer a wide range of postgraduate research-based degrees which are ideal if you are aspiring to pursue an academic career, contribute to the advancement of human knowledge and make a positive difference to the world.
Many of our academic staff are active researchers whose work is leading to new discoveries and making a positive impact on people’s lives all over the world.
- 24-hour library (term-time) with over 700 computers.
- On-site sports centre complete with a fitness suite and sports halls.
- Dental clinic and pharmacy.
- New social spaces - bright, modern areas packed with comfy sofas, table tennis, pool tables, beanbags and study spaces.
- The University is mid-way through a £200 million investment of the Preston Campus. Featuring a brand new recently-opened £35 million Engineering Innovation Centre (EIC) and a £60 million Student Centre (due to complete 2021), bringing together student support and enhancing the student journey.
Offering a world-class research environment, UCLan has a wide range of taught and research degree courses, taught by the University's highly qualified and dedicated members of staff.
Lecturers at the University have been recognised for their work and were recently awarded a silver quality award in the first national Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) assessment.
UCLan offers around 1,700 accommodation places in University owned and leased halls of residence. All accommodation is in walking distance of both the campus and the city centre.
Reasons to choose UCLan for your postgraduate study
- Over 95.5% of our graduates are employed or enter further study within six months of graduation (HESA, 2018)
- Ranked in the top 6% of universities in the world (Centre for World University Rankings, CWUR, 2019-20)
- Over 900 research or knowledge transfer-active members of staff
- We offer a choice from over 200 taught and research-based courses
- You’ll be joining a community of students from over 120 countries
International Office Team
If you have any questions about studying at UCLan please contact: email@example.com
Telephone: +44 (0) 1772 895024
To make an application to study please click here, or to check the progress of an application, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lancashire School of Business and Enterprise
- School of Arts and Media
- School of Community Health and Midwifery
- School of Dentistry
- School of Engineering
- School of Forensic and Applied Sciences
- School of Health Sciences
- School of Humanities, Language and Global Studies
- School of Journalism, Media and Performance
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here