find your perfect postgrad program
Search our Database of 30,000 Courses
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
The University of Birmingham is a truly vibrant, global community of staff, students and researchers. As a founding Russell Group member and consistent top 100 university, Birmingham is recognised internationally for excellence in teaching and research and provides the best possible teaching, research facilities and support services to ensure postgraduates reach the peak of their potential.
With over 600 taught programmes and a wealth of research opportunities to choose from, Birmingham has one of the most extensive postgraduate course portfolios in the UK enabling you to work and study alongside world-leading academics in a diverse, multicultural community of over 14,000 students from 150 countries.
A Birmingham degree will help you to stand out in the competitive global job market.
A Birmingham degree will help you grow and develop, boost your professional prospects or even change direction in your career. As the second most targeted UK university by top employers (High Fliers: The Graduate Market in 2020), the University’s Careers Network knows the skills and development required to make you a highly desirable graduate for employers locally, nationally and internationally.
Funding and scholarships
Alongside a range of subject scholarships, our Birmingham Masters Scholarship is a £1,500 award to support the brightest and best applicants wishing to undertake Masters study at Birmingham during 2021-22.
We have over 350 awards available. Find our more by visiting our Birmingham Masters Scholarship Scheme webpage or search our funding database for all available scholarships.
Find a course and apply
You can apply online through course finder, which allows you to complete the application process at your own pace. Search all of courses though online course finder and apply directly through the course page: www.birmingham.ac.uk/pgcourses.
Postgraduate Open Week (online)
We are currently running our open days as online open events to enable you to find out more about Birmingham from the comfort of your home. We hope to welcome you to our campus as soon as we are able to do so.
Our next Postgraduate Open Week is from 8-13 March 2021, and is the perfect opportunity for you to ask any questions about postgraduate study at Birmingham.
The Open Week gives you the opportunity to talk to our experts and find out more about the wide portfolio of taught and research opportunities available to you at the University.
Book your place today to receive updates about our next open events.
‘Ask Us’ is the postgraduate platform for live events, blogs and chat throughout the year, where you can watch subject interviews and presentations and ask Birmingham staff, current students and alumni questions about their own experiences of postgraduate study and the programmes they have studied.
Browse our upcoming events and register to receive updates about future online chat sessions that suit your interests.
You can also chat to us via our live chat during the day, available across our postgraduate website.
Find out more - contact us today
Telephone: +44 (0)121 414 5005
- Birmingham Business School
- Birmingham Law School
- College of Engineering and Physical Sciences
- Department of African Studies and Anthropology
- Department of Art History, Film and Visual Studies
- Department of Civil Engineering, School of Engineering
- Department of Classics, Ancient History and Archaeology
- Department of Drama and Theatre Arts
- Department of Electronic, Electrical and Systems Engineering, School of Engineering
- Department of English Language and Applied Linguistics
- Department of English Literature
- Department of Film and Creative Writing
- Department of History
- Department of Mechanical Engineering, School of Engineering
- Department of Modern Languages
- Department of Music
- Department of Philosophy
- Department of Theology and Religion
- PGCE courses
- School of Biomedical Science
- School of Biosciences
- School of Cancer Studies
- School of Chemical Engineering
- School of Clinical and Experimental Medicine
- School of Computer Science
- School of Dentistry
- School of Education
- School of English, Drama, and American and Canadian Studies
- School of Geography, Earth and Environmental Sciences
- School of Government
- School of Government and Society
- School of Health and Population Sciences
- School of History and Cultures
- School of Languages, Cultures, Art History and Music
- School of Mathematics
- School of Medicine
- School of Metallurgy and Materials
- School of Nursing
- School of Pharmacy
- School of Philosophy, Theology and Religion
- School of Physics and Astronomy
- School of Psychology
- School of Social Policy
- School of Sport, Exercise and Rehabilitation Sciences
- Social Sciences
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here