University College Dublinwww.ucd.ie/global
University College Dublin
University College Dublin is one of Europe’s leading research-intensive universities. Ranked in the top 1% of institutions worldwide, in the overall 2019 QS World University Rankings, UCD was placed 185 in the world.
UCD, Ireland’s Global University, is Ireland’s largest university. Established in 1854, the university has a student body of over 34,000 students with some 8,000+ international students drawn from 139 countries. UCD is Ireland's leader in graduate education with over 9,000 graduate students; almost a quarter of whom are graduate research students.
Students are attracted to UCD by the strength of its teaching and research, by the programme portfolio (UCD offers Ireland’s widest range of programmes which are recognised and valued by academic institutions and employers throughout the world) and the holistic experience which studying in UCD offers.
UCD students are the most engaged in Ireland with over 100 clubs and societies in which they can engage and explore new interests and friendships. This, alongside the campus environment, offers unparalleled experiences for students looking to study abroad. The University's main Dublin campus occupies an extensive parkland estate of 133 hectares and some of the world-leading facilities include the UCD O'Brien Centre for Science, UCD Sutherland School of Law, UCD Lochlan Quinn School of Business and UCD Student Centre.
Check out our virtual tour of the facilities available on the Belfield Campus.
In 2019, for the second year in a row, UCD was ranked number one in Ireland for graduate employability and 74th in the world, in the QS Graduate Employability Rankings.
At UCD we believe students in possession of heightened self-confidence, self-efficacy and self-esteem are more likely to actively engage in the student experience through involvement in clubs, societies and sports, to volunteer, to adopt active and independent learning strategies, to be confident in career and life decision making and to develop skills and attributes employers seek and which future leaders need. Check out the supports available to our students to leave sought after by employers.
Scholarships & Awards
Student excellence and achievement are recognised in UCD through a wide variety of scholarships and awards, which celebrate the diverse talents of our students. Many of these awards are highly regarded by employers and industry. To award outstanding achievement and to attract students of the highest calibre from around the world, UCD is pleased to offer a number of Global Excellence Scholarships to international students. These scholarships are competitively awarded based on academic merit and offered by country and/or by discipline.
For 2020, a range of new international scholarships have been introduced. Students need to hold an offer before they can apply for a scholarship. Full terms and conditions apply. Click here for further information.
Many of the 269,000 UCD global alumni network, living in 165 countries, hold positions in leading organisations around the world. The UCD alumni network is influential, successful, active and truly international. Since the foundation of the Irish state in 1922, UCD has produced:
- Three Presidents of Ireland
- Four Taoisigh (Prime Ministers)
- The highest number of Justices of the Supreme Court of Ireland
- The highest number of Chief Justices and Attorneys General of Ireland
- Four Ministers in the current Irish Cabinet (and two Ministers of State)
- Five of Ireland’s eleven European Commissioners
Interested in Applying?
The UCD Online Application System opens October 1st each year. For most graduate programmes, there are no definite deadlines for the receipt of applications. The timing of the application should be partly dependent on how likely the programme is to fill quickly (highly competitive or attractive programmes) or how long it is likely to take for the student to obtain a student visa. To find out if any deadline applies, please search for the specific programme in the Graduate Course Finder.
Please note, applications are processed on a rolling basis, in the order they are completed. As such, early application is advised as programmes may close early if they reach capacity before the advertised closing date.
The best way to find out what it’s like to study at University College Dublin is to Meet us in your Country or book a Campus Tour.
Can’t make it onto campus or meet us when we visit your country? You can take a tour across our University.
Get in touch
University College Dublin
Tel: +353 1 716 8500
- Clinton Institute of American Studies
- School of Agriculture and Food Science
- School of Applied Social Science
- School of Archaeology
- School of Architecture
- School of Art History and Cultural Policy
- School of Biology and Environmental Science
- School of Biomolecular and Biomedical Science
- School of Biosystems Engineering
- School of Business
- School of Chemical and Bioprocess Engineering
- School of Chemistry and Chemical Biology
- School of Civil, Structural and Environmental Engineering
- School of Classics
- School of Computer Science and Informatics
- School of Economics
- School of Education
- School of Electrical, Electronic and Communications Engineering
- School of Geography, Planning and Environmental Policy
- School of Geological Sciences
- School of History and Archives
- School of Information and Library Studies
- School of Irish, Celtic Studies, Irish Folklore and Linguistics
- School of Languages and Literatures
- School of Law
- School of Mathematical Sciences
- School of Mechanical and Materials Engineering
- School of Medicine and Medical Science
- School of Music
- School of Nursing, Midwifery and Health Systems
- School of Philosophy
- School of Physics
- School of Politics and International Relations
- School of Psychology
- School of Public Health, Physiotherapy and Population Science
- School of Social Justice
- School of Sociology
- School of Veterinary Medicine
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here