City, University of London: School of Health Scienceshttps://www.city.ac.uk/health
City, University of London
School Health Sciences
1st in London and 2nd in the UK for Health Professions, and 2nd in London for Nursing and Midwifery (Guardian League Table, 2018)
Welcome to the School of Health Sciences, City, University of London - a leading provider of healthcare education and applied healthcare research, offering outstanding teaching and clinical facilities in the heart of London.
Postgraduate students learn with academic staff who are clinical practitioners and engaged in interdisciplinary research across the fields of nursing, midwifery, long-term care, health policy, management and research, optometry, public health, radiography and language and communication science. This work is transforming the provision of healthcare services in the UK and internationally.
We offer flexible postgraduate Masters that allow students to further develop clinical skills in specialist practice areas or to develop in-depth knowledge in areas relating to clinical practice, health policy, health management, health research, and leadership.
Our Advanced Practice in Health and Social Care Masters programmes include routes in:
- MSc Advanced Practice in Health and Social Care
- MSc Adult Mental Health
- MSc Child and Adolescent Mental Health
- MSc Advanced Practice Midwifery
- MSc Advanced Nurse Practitioner - Adult; Child
- MSc Advanced Practice Nursing
- MSc Ophthalmic Nursing
- MSc Advanced Ophthalmic Nurse Practitioner
- MSc Advanced Practice Clinical Optometry
- MSc Speech, Language and Communication
As well as Master’s courses in:
- MSc Clinical Optometry
- MRes Clinical Research
- MSc Health Management
- MSc Health Policy
- MSc Health Services Research
- MSc Speech, Language and Communication Needs in Schools: Advanced Practice
- MSc Medical Ultrasound
- Master of Public Health (MPH)
- MSc Radiography (Computed Tomography)
- MSc Radiography (Medical Magnetic Resonance)
- MSc Health Psychology / Psychology and Health
Continuing Personal and Professional Development (CPPD)
Our Continuing Personal and Professional Development (CPPD) portfolio delivers a wide range of courses that benefit both employers and individuals by tailoring activity that fits around personal and professional commitments.
We offer a variety of day courses, modules and bespoke projects to develop clinical skills, broaden knowledge in academic and practical areas, and allow practitioners to move into health research or to diversify into leadership and health service management, find out more.
Facilities and partnerships
In addition to the excellent academic tuition we offer, our students benefit from superb in-house facilities which have been designed to reflect real healthcare environments. Facilities include our Clinical Skills Centre; VERT (Virtual Environment of a Radiotherapy Treatment) room; fully equipped X-ray suite; our on-campus opticians, City Sight; and our specialist speech and language therapy clinic, the Roberta Williams Speech and Language Therapy Centre. Find out more.
We have long-standing partnerships with NHS Trusts as well as the professional bodies associated with each discipline.
Scholarships and funding support
The School of Health Sciences is committed to providing financial support to students who show academic and clinical excellence, find out more.
We are actively engaged in internationally recognised research that has a direct impact on the provision of healthcare services today and in the future.
The School of Health Science's research is organised into six Research Centres:
- Centre for Applied Vision Research
- Centre for Health Services Research
- Centre for Language Communication Sciences Research
- Centre for Maternal and Child Health Research
In the 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF), 82 percent research activity from the School of Health Sciences was rated as either world leading (4*) or internationally excellent (3*). For research power the School is ranked 1st in London and 9th in the UK for Nursing, Midwifery and Allied Health for research strength.
School of Health Sciences
City, University of London
Phone: +44 (0)20 7040 5790
- Adult Mental Health (Advanced Practice in Health and Social Care) (MSc)
- Advanced Clinical Practice MSc (MSc)
- Advanced Practice in Health and Social Care (MSc)
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health (Advanced Practice in Health and Social Care) (MSc)
- Children's Nursing (Pre-registration) (MSc)
- Clinical Optometry (MSc)
- Health Psychology / Psychology and Health (MSc)
- Health Sciences (Doctor of Philosophy - PhD/Master of Philosophy - MPhil)
- Midwifery Postgraduate Diploma (Postgraduate Diploma - PgDip)
- Public Health (MPH)
- Radiography (Medical Magnetic Resonance) (MSc/Postgraduate Certificate - PgCert/Postgraduate Diploma - PgDip)
- Speech and Language Therapy (MSc)
- Speech, Language and Communication (Advanced Practice in Health and Social Care) (MSc)
- Speech, Language and Communication (Advanced Studies) (MSc)
- Speech, Language and Communication Needs in Schools (Advanced Practice) (MSc)
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here