Bath Spa University: PGCE courseswww.bathspa.ac.uk/teaching
Bath Spa University
Institute for Education
At Bath Spa University, we know education - we’ve been inspiring students, teachers and other education professionals since 1946.
We work in classrooms and educational settings across the world, providing the highest quality teaching and research – working with over 670 school partners, as well as colleges, early years settings and anywhere where learning takes place.
Our mission is to promote excellence and expertise in educational research and professional practice across the globe. From Bath in England to Newcastle in Australia, via New York City and Lusaka, Zambia, our educationalists make a difference to the lives of all children and young people.
The Institute also offers a wide range of postgraduate programmes which are ideal for teachers and professionals who wish to explore a subject they are passionate about to master’s level.
In addition there is a lively research environment at Bath Spa, with opportunities for supervised, original research leading to the degrees of MPhil and PhD.
Be Creative. Be a Teacher.
Inspiring young minds isn’t just about skill and dedication. It’s about that creative spark that lights up a classroom. Teaching is a hugely fulfilling career with excellent job satisfaction, job security and lots of opportunities for progression. Combine that with the chance to inspire young people, and with generous funding available while you train – now is the perfect time to start your career in teaching.
Teacher Education programmes
At Bath Spa University our partnership with schools and other educational settings is committed to training the next generation of high quality teachers. By working together we successfully prepare Bath Spa Teachers who are committed to success in educational achievement for all children and young people.
We offer a wide variety of routes to become a teacher and achieve Qualified Teacher status (QTS), as well as gaining the academic award of Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE):
- PGCE with QTS – we offer a wide range of PGCE programmes in both Primary and Secondary education.
- School Direct – offered by a school or group of schools in partnership with Bath Spa University, and leading to a PGCE with QTS in either primary or secondary education.
- Teach First – in partnership with education charity Teach First we offer primary and secondary places on this two-year Leadership Development Programme.
- Assessment Only – for experienced teachers without QTS who undergo a period of assessment in order to meet the Teachers’ Standards and gain QTS.
- Early Years Initial Teacher Training – the only teacher training programme focused on the birth to five age range, which leads to a PGCE with Early Years Teacher Status (EYTS).
Highly rated by Ofsted
Bath Spa University received a resounding endorsement for its Teacher Education programmes from the quality regulator Ofsted in 2015, retaining Grade 1 ‘Outstanding' across both Primary and Secondary training. This confirms the University’s status as one of the best teacher training universities in the South West, and among the very best in the country.
“Trainees benefit from an extremely well organised programme that marries theoretical training with practical experiences”
“Bath Spa Teachers are very much the first choice for employers in the local and wider area.”
Name and title of contact at the institution:
Robert Clay, Marketing Manager
Full institution/department name:
Bath Spa University / Institute for Education
Newton St Loe
Telephone and fax numbers for enquiries:
+44 (0) 1225 875875
E-mail address for enquiries:
Website address: www.bathspa.ac.uk/teaching
- Art and Design (PGCE Secondary) (PGCE)
- Biology (PGCE Secondary) (PGCE)
- Business Studies (PGCE Secondary) (PGCE)
- Computing (PGCE Secondary) (PGCE)
- Design and Technology (PGCE Secondary) (PGCE)
- Drama (PGCE Secondary) (PGCE)
- English (PGCE Secondary) (PGCE)
- Geography (PGCE Secondary) (PGCE)
- History (PGCE Secondary) (PGCE)
- Mathematics (PGCE Secondary) (PGCE)
- Modern Languages (PGCE Secondary) (PGCE)
- Music (PGCE Secondary) (PGCE)
- Physical Education (PGCE Secondary) (PGCE)
- Primary (7-11) (PGCE Primary) (PGCE)
- Primary and Early Years Education (5-11) (PGCE Primary) (PGCE)
- Primary FS/KS1 (PGCE Primary) (PGCE)
- Religious Education (PGCE Secondary) (PGCE)
- Science with Chemistry (PGCE Secondary) (PGCE)
- Science with Physics (PGCE Secondary) (PGCE)
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here