University of Liverpool: Orthodontics
|Institution||University of Liverpool|
|Department||School of Dentistry|
|Telephone||0151 794 5927|
This programme fulfils the need for dental practitioners to have access to a higher dental degree which provides advanced clinical training Orthodontics.
The Professional Doctorate is a research qualification that contains Professional Skills Training. This qualification is currently offered in Orthodontics, with the first annual intake enrolled in October 2008. In addition the Doctorate prepares candidates for the examinations of surgical Royal Colleges leading to the award of Membership in Orthodontics or further orthodontic qualifications. Applicants should already have passed the FDS/ MFDS examination or an equivalent. Funded specialist trainee appointments are competitively available to appropriately qualified candidates on this programme with application through the national recruitment process.
**Why School of Dentistry?**
Excellent facilities and equipment
A recent £6m investment programme's dramatically upgraded our teaching and research facilities, and created additional postgraduate places.
Here are some of the key features:-
- New sedation and oral surgery suites
- State-of-the-art training facilities
- New tutorial rooms
- Enhanced patient facilities
- New research laboratories, closely integrated with clinical areas and featuring extensive, state-of-the-art equipment
- A new Oral Health Suite with dedicated research facility within a clinical area of the hospital
- Refurbished lecture theatres, multi-skills suites, teaching rooms and Student Common Room.
- High quality school laboratories
We accommodate many specialist dentistry interests through our partnership with the Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen University Hospitals NHS Trust.
Together we've created state-of-the-art facilities for specialist dentistry research and education, including the management of clinical trials to a high level of clinical governance.
Wide range of programmes
Programmes in the School of Dentistry extend from short courses, aimed at updating the general dental practitioner, to full-time studentships leading to higher degrees, with a large variety of research based or professional training programmes in between. We also have a steadily expending menu of verifiable CPD courses for all members of the dental team.
|Level||RQF Level 8|
- Graduates with a dental first degree from another approved university, which is recognised by the General Dental Council
- Graduates with a dental first degree from another approved university, which is not recognised by the General Dental Council.
- MFDS/MJDF or an equivalent
|Location||City Centre Campus|
University of Liverpool
Not what you are looking for?Browse other courses in Medicine (general and para-medical), Dentistry or Orthodontics, or search our comprehensive database of postgrad programs.
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here