find your perfect postgrad program
Search our Database of 30,000 Courses
University of Plymouth: Pre-Registration Nursing (Child Health)
|Institution||University of Plymouth View institution profile|
|Department||School of Nursing and Midwifery|
|Telephone||+44 (0) 1752 585858|
Nursing is one of the most varied and challenging careers anyone can undertake. Nursing is frequently described as exciting and fulfilling; no two days are the same. Our MSc is your entry route through to nurse registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council as a nurse in the child health field. Graduates in any discipline with recent health care experience can apply for our two year programme. On completion you will progress on to a rewarding career and work in a range of healthcare settings nationally or internationally. Once you know a nursing career is for you, and you are ready for advanced level study, then join us on this tailor made programme which is designed to recognise the skills that graduates already have and build on these. The first three modules will equip you with a range of knowledge and skills designed to settle you into the role of the student nurse. Following these three modules your programme will be integrated with other pre-registration nursing students in their second year of study. Key features
• Access a range of child specific placements across Devon, Cornwall and Somerset spanning the health, social and educational sector working across an inter-professional hub. • Engage with a curriculum focusing on the acute and community care of children, young people and families. • Get involved in national and international research around sustainability, breastfeeding and urban and community family projects. • Create a professional digital footprint allowing collaboration with the nursing and inter-professional communities. • We’re very proud of our National Student Survey (NSS) 2018 return showing a 96 per cent overall satisfaction, 100 per cent of our students agreed that staff made the subject interesting and that 100 per cent of our students agreed that staff were good at explaining things. • Once graduated you are eligible to apply for registration with the NMC as a 'Registered Nurse – Child Health'.
In addition a key feature of the MSc programme will be the dedicated Master’s level seminar and tutorial support time that students will experience which is built around critical reflexivity (thinking deeply about the impact of our assumptions, values, and actions on others). The programme cumulates in a 40 credit systematic review module that prepares students to perform as a capable and autonomous practitioner, fit for registration in the child health field of nursing practice.
Master of Science - MSc (PG)
|Level||RQF Level 7|
* You will normally have a first degree (BSc (Hons)) at 2:2 or above in any discipline
* Admissions test
University of Plymouth
The University of Plymouth is a dynamic, ambitious and award-winning institution with a research-led culture that encourages innovative and creative ideas with the confidence to turn these into reality. Plymouth is a modern campus university ideally placed in the centre of Britain’s Ocean City.
Why choose Plymouth?
- Top 10 modern UK university (Times Higher Education rankings)
- Top 25 globally, and 1st for marine teaching and research (Times Higher Education rankings)
- Two thirds of our most recent submission to the Research Excellence Framework was rated as ‘world leading’ or of ‘international quality’
- Top 25 for teaching quality and …
Not what you are looking for?Browse other courses in Early childhood studies, Health care, Mental health, Nursing, Childrens nursing, Midwifery, Psychology, Child psychology, Nursery nursing, Social work, Medical technology, Biological sciences, Biomedical sciences, Neurobiology or Sociology, or search our comprehensive database of postgrad programs.
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here