find your perfect postgrad program
Search our Database of 30,000 Courses
University of Plymouth: Pre-Registration Nursing (Adult Health)
|Institution||University of Plymouth View institution profile|
|Department||School of Nursing and Midwifery|
|Telephone||+44 (0) 1752 585858|
Nursing is one of the most varied and challenging careers anyone can undertake. Nursing is frequently described as exciting and fulfilling; no two days are the same. Our MSc is your entry route through to nurse registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council as a nurse in the adult health field. Graduates in any discipline with recent health care experience can apply for our two year programme. On completion you will progress on to a rewarding career and work in a range of healthcare settings nationally or internationally. Once you know a nursing career is for you, and you are ready for advanced level study, then join us on this tailor made programme which is designed to recognise the skills that graduates already have and build on these. The first three modules will equip you with a range of knowledge and skills designed to settle you into the role of the student nurse. Following these three modules your programme will be integrated with other pre-registration nursing students in their second year of study. Key features
• Ignite your passion for life-long learning with our evidence-informed modules, on a programme designed to meet a diverse range of nursing career pathways. • Experience nursing practice in a variety of clinical settings, whilst learning collaboratively within dynamic healthcare teams. • Enhance and develop your nursing skills in the safe environment of the clinical skills simulation ward, under the supervision of nurse lecturers and clinical demonstrators. • Boost your employability by joining the 1000s of Adult nursing students who have realised their dreams by successfully graduating from the University of Plymouth. In addition a key feature of the MSc programme will be the dedicated Master’s level seminar and tutorial support time that students will experience which is built around critical reflexivity (thinking deeply about the impact of our assumptions, values, and actions on others). The programme cumulates in a 40 credit systematic review module that prepares students to perform as a capable and autonomous practitioner, fit for registration in the adult health field of nursing practice.
Master of Science - MSc (PG)
|Level||RQF Level 7|
* You will normally have a first degree (BSc (Hons)) at 2:2 or above in any discipline
* Admissions test
University of Plymouth
The University of Plymouth is a dynamic, ambitious and award-winning institution with a research-led culture that encourages innovative and creative ideas with the confidence to turn these into reality. Plymouth is a modern campus university ideally placed in the centre of Britain’s Ocean City.
Why choose Plymouth?
- Join a Top 5 UK modern university (Times Higher Education Young University Ranking, 2022)
- More than three quarters of our research was ranked either World-Leading or Internationally Excellent (Research Excellence Framework, 2021)
- 7th most affordable student city in the UK (Superprof, 2022)
- Top 10 best UK University based on …
Not what you are looking for?Browse other courses in Health care, Mental health, Nursing, Midwifery, Psychology, Social work, Medical technology, Biological sciences, Biomedical sciences, Neurobiology or Sociology, or search our comprehensive database of postgrad programs.
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here