find your perfect postgrad program
Search our Database of 30,000 Courses
University of Glasgow: Transnational Crime, Justice and Security
|Institution||University of Glasgow View institution profile|
|Department||School of Social & Political Sciences View department profile|
This programme considers pressing contemporary global issues from a criminological perspective, including organised crime, trafficking, terrorism and environmental crime.
- You will gain access to a wide range of potential careers and further academic pathways related to understanding international crime and developing strategies and policy for its prevention.
- You will be taught by leading scholars from the Scottish Centre for Crime & Justice Research, a centre of excellence for criminology in the UK.
- Teaching on the programme is cutting edge, responding to current affairs and world events.
- Throughout the year you will have access to guest lectures, presentations and seminars with high-calibre speakers from the UK and abroad.
- There will be opportunities to connect with non academic partners for your dissertation work.
You will take four core and two optional courses, as well as submit a dissertation.
- CRIMINOLOGICAL PERSPECTIVES ON SECURITY AND GLOBALISATION
- CRIMINOLOGICAL THEORY IN CONTEXT
- RESEARCH DESIGN OR QUALITATIVE RESEARCH METHODS
- THE GLOBAL CRIMINAL ECONOMY
Optional courses may include
- CRIME, MEDIA AND POPULAR CULTURE
- CRIMINAL JUSTICE: CURRENT ISSUES, COMPARATIVE CONTEXTS
- GENDER, CRIME AND CRIMINAL JUSTICE
- PUNISHMENT AND IN/JUSTICE
You will be well equipped for careers in public, private and third sector agencies concerned with crime prevention policy and strategy, especially with international and cross-border agencies.
University of Glasgow
School of Social & Political Sciences
The University of Glasgow’s School of Social & Political Sciences links core social science disciplines to deliver high-quality teaching and cutting-edge research. We offer a wide variety of programmes for those interested in the development and impact of economies and societies globally.
Founded in 1451, the University of Glasgow is the fourth oldest university in the English-speaking world. The University has a history of changing the world and the School of Social & Political Sciences is committed to nurturing the people who make it happen.
Postgraduate taught degrees
Our postgraduate degrees …
Not what you are looking for?Search our comprehensive database of postgrad programs.
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here