find your perfect postgrad program
Search our Database of 30,000 Courses
University of Glasgow: Psychological Science, Research Methods of
|Institution||University of Glasgow View institution profile|
|Department||School of Psychology|
As a member of our Masters in Research Methods of Psychological Science programme you will receive training and experience in an extensive variety of research methods in Psychology, making use of state-of-the-art facilities for behavioural, neuroimaging, and qualitative research. The programme is team-taught by leading researchers in their field who will help you develop exceptional theoretical, practical, and analytical skills. With our passionate sense of community, collegiate attitude, and year-round seminars and workshops, all students leave our programme with a strong sense of personal development and with the skills and network of collaborators that will afford you the best possible start in your future career in Psychology.
- Psychology at Glasgow is ranked 10th in the UK (Times & Sunday Times Good University Guide).
- With a top 10 ranking in the UK (Times & Sunday Times Good University Guide), our School of Psychology & Neuroscience continues to meet student expectations, combining both teaching excellence and a supportive learning environment.
- This MSc complies with requirements for the PhD research training programme of the Economic & Social Research Council (ESRC) and can either be the first year of a ‘1+3’ funding package or qualify you for future ‘+3’ funding.
- You will benefit from innovative assessment, including portfolio of professional skills, peer review and writing up a research project in the format of a journal article.
- You will benefit from access to the resources of the University’s Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging (CCNi), including a 3 Tesla fMRI scanner, MEG system, two TMS labs, and several EEG labs, including fMRI compatible systems. Dedicated motion capture suites record precise 3D body movements and facial animation sequences. Eye movements can be followed remotely using our SR Research EyeLink systems.
Modes of delivery of the MSc in Research Methods of Psychological Science include lectures, seminars and tutorials and lab work.
- QUALITATIVE RESEARCH METHODS
- RESEARCH PROJECT
Optional courses (one chosen)
* This option will only run if a minimum of three students enrol.
You will also attend Scottish universities’ psychology postgraduate meetings, research seminars and journal clubs.
As this programme complies with ESRC requirements, successful graduates from the programme are eligible for +3 ESRC PhD studentships. The majority of our graduates have obtained PhD funding or secured a research or teaching position. Others have opted for further professional training in specialised fields of psychology. Some graduates have used the qualification and skills to advance in their current employment.
Graduates of this programme have gone on to work for the NHS and PhD studentships at Higher Education Institutions (including University of Glasgow) both in the UK and abroad.
University of Glasgow
The University of Glasgow is one of the UK’s most prestigious seats of learning, and the fourth oldest university in the English speaking world. Established in 1451 and recognised for its world-changing research and teaching, the University has inspired thinkers from eminent scientist Lord Kelvin and the father of economics Adam Smith, to Scotland’s First Minister Nicola Sturgeon.
- is ranked 73rd in the world in the QS World University Rankings 2022
- is in the top 100 in the world: Times Higher World University Rankings 2022
- 95.9% of students in employment or further study 6 …
Not what you are looking for?Search our comprehensive database of postgrad programs.
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here