University of Glasgow: Endodontics [MSc(DentSci)]
|Institution||University of Glasgow View institution profile|
|Department||School of Medicine|
|Telephone||0141 330 4515|
Specialise in dealing with the cause, diagnoses, prevention and treatment of diseases of the tooth's dental pulp. This Masters programme is designed for dental graduates who wish to develop clinical skills in endodontics
**Academic contact: email@example.com
Admissions enquiries: www.gla.ac.uk/enquirenow
MSc (DentSci): 24 months full-time**
**WHY THIS PROGRAMME**
- NUMBER 1 in UK for Dentistry (Complete University Guide 2020)
- Gain a qualification enabling you to extend your clinical diagnostic and treatment skills and receive a solid grounding in research methodologies.
- Attend specialist society conferences such as the British Endodontic Society and the British Society of Restorative Dentistry.
- Attend all postgraduate lectures in the Dental School which includes external speakers and speakers from dental companies.
You will attend lectures and seminars and take part in tutorials and Pre-clinical skills sessions, as well as undertaking clinical sessions under direct clinical supervision.
You will take a core course consisting of basic sciences, health sciences and research sciences, and a number of clinical courses dedicated to didactic teaching, reflective learning, clinical procedures and hands-on training in endodontics.
- Course 1. Biology of endodontic diseases
- Course 2. Principles and practice of root canal treatment
- Course 3. Interdisciplinary endodontics
- Course 4. Endodontic management of RCT problems and failure
- Course 5. Endodontics within the population and options for tooth replacement
- Research course. You will be encouraged to carry out a concise research project using existing facilities alongside our research themes.
Please note this course does not lead to MRD
**Programme alteration or discontinuation**
The University of Glasgow endeavours to run all programmes as advertised. In exceptional circumstances, however, the University may withdraw or alter a programme. For more information, please see: Student contract.
This qualification will prepare you for a clinical academic post or clinical dental practice both in the UK and overseas. You will need to sit the Overseas Registration Examination if you wish to practise dentistry in the UK.
|Level||SCQF Level 11|
You should have a universally recognised dental qualification with two years' post-qualifying, relevant experience.
You must supply:
Referee's report 
English language requirements
International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic module (not General Training):
overall score 7.0
All stated English tests are acceptable for admission for both home/EU and international students for this programme:
ibTOEFL: 100; no sub-test less than:
The University of Glasgow accepts evidence of the required language level from the English for Academic Study Unit Pre-sessional courses. We also consider other BALEAP accredited pre-sessional courses:
School of Modern Languages and Cultures: English for Academic Study
|Location||University of Glasgow|
University of Glasgow
|EU||40750 GBP for Year 1|
|International||40750 GBP for Year 1|
|England||40750 GBP for Year 1|
|Northern Ireland||40750 GBP for Year 1|
|Scotland||40750 GBP for Year 1|
|Wales||40750 GBP for Year 1|
University of Glasgow
The University of Glasgow is one of the UK’s most prestigious seats of learning, and the fourth oldest university in the English speaking world. Established in 1451 and recognised for its world-changing research and teaching, the University has inspired thinkers from eminent scientist Lord Kelvin and the father of economics Adam Smith, to Scotland’s First Minister Nicola Sturgeon.
- is ranked 67th in the world in the QS World University Rankings 2020
- is in the top 100 in the world: Times Higher World University Rankings 2020
- 95.9% of students in employment or further study 6 …
Not what you are looking for?Browse other courses in Medicine (general and para-medical) or Dentistry, or search our comprehensive database of postgrad programs.
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here