find your perfect postgrad program
Search our Database of 30,000 Courses
University of Glasgow: Healthcare Chaplaincy
|Institution||University of Glasgow View institution profile|
|Department||School of Medicine, Dentistry & Nursing|
This programme is the culmination of work to develop healthcare chaplaincy as a profession. It is available to healthcare chaplains and graduates considering healthcare chaplaincy as a profession. Applicants who are considering entering healthcare chaplaincy will also have to satisfy the eligibility criteria for registration with the UK Board of Healthcare Chaplaincy. The University of Glasgow has no locus in this decision.
It enables chaplains to evidence the Spiritual and Religious Care Capabilities and Competences for Healthcare Chaplains and demonstrate fitness to practice as a Healthcare Chaplain and so become Board Registered.
You will learn to assess and meet spiritual and religious care needs, develop educational support for quality spiritual and religious care and facilitate professional role development and staff support.
- Commissioned by NHS Education for Scotland and it enables chaplains to evidence the Spiritual and Religious Care Capabilities and Competences for Healthcare Chaplains and demonstrate fitness to practice as a healthcare chaplain and so become Board Registered, subject to satisfying eligibility criteria of the UK Board of Healthcare Chaplaincy.
The programme is designed as a part-time programme of study days and distance learning to enable working chaplains to study and gain a professional qualification.
- PROVIDING SPIRITUAL AND RELIGIOUS CARE IN HEALTH AND SOCIAL CARE
- ADVANCED HEALTHCARE PRACTICE
- PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE IN SPIRITUAL AND RELIGIOUS CARE IN HEALTH AND SOCIAL CARE
University of Glasgow
The University of Glasgow is one of the UK’s most prestigious seats of learning, and the fourth oldest university in the English speaking world. Established in 1451 and recognised for its world-changing research and teaching, the University has inspired thinkers from eminent scientist Lord Kelvin and the father of economics Adam Smith, to Scotland’s First Minister Nicola Sturgeon.
- is ranked 67th in the world in the QS World University Rankings 2020
- is in the top 100 in the world: Times Higher World University Rankings 2020
- 95.9% of students in employment or further study 6 …
Not what you are looking for?Search our comprehensive database of postgrad programs.
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here