find your perfect postgrad program
Search our Database of 30,000 Courses
University of Glasgow: Endodontics
|Institution||University of Glasgow View institution profile|
|Department||School of Medicine, Dentistry & Nursing|
Specialise in dealing with the cause, diagnoses, prevention and treatment of diseases of the tooth's dental pulp. This Masters programme is designed for dental graduates who wish to develop clinical skills in endodontics.
Gain a qualification enabling you to extend your clinical diagnostic and treatment skills and receive a solid grounding in research methodologies.
Attend specialist society conferences such as the British Endodontic Society and the British Society of Restorative Dentistry.
- Attend all postgraduate lectures in the Dental School which includes external speakers and speakers from dental companies.
You will attend lectures and seminars and take part in tutorials and Pre-clinical skills sessions, as well as undertaking clinical sessions under direct clinical supervision.
You will take a core course consisting of basic sciences, health sciences and research sciences, and a number of clinical courses dedicated to didactic teaching, reflective learning, clinical procedures and hands-on training in endodontics.
- Quality Improvement in health care
- Evidence-based Research in Medicine and Statistics
- Medical and Research Ethics
- Biology of endodontic diseases
- Decontamination and Infection Control
- Principles and practice of root canal treatment
- Interdisciplinary Endodontics
- Management of endodontic problems and failure
- Endodontics within the population and options for tooth replacement
- Endodontics - Research
Please note, this course does not lead to MRD.
This qualification will prepare you for a clinical academic post or clinical dental practice both in the UK and overseas.
If you are an oversees student you will need to sit the Overseas Registration Examination if you wish to practise dentistry in the UK.
University of Glasgow
The University of Glasgow is one of the UK’s most prestigious seats of learning, and the fourth oldest university in the English speaking world. Established in 1451 and recognised for its world-changing research and teaching, the University has inspired thinkers from eminent scientist Lord Kelvin and the father of economics Adam Smith, to Scotland’s First Minister Nicola Sturgeon.
- is ranked 67th in the world in the QS World University Rankings 2020
- is in the top 100 in the world: Times Higher World University Rankings 2020
- 95.9% of students in employment or further study 6 …
Not what you are looking for?Search our comprehensive database of postgrad programs.
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here