find your perfect postgrad program
Search our Database of 30,000 Courses
University of Glasgow: Advanced Practice in Health Care
|Institution||University of Glasgow View institution profile|
|Department||School of Medicine, Dentistry & Nursing|
Designed for the growing number of health care professionals wishing to work in clinical leadership or extended roles in clinical practice in the UK.
- Become involved in lifelong learning whilst adapting to the dynamic care environment and supporting quality care delivery.
- Close involvement of NHS clinical staff in the planning and delivery of courses ensures that the programme is current and relevant.
- The themes offered link closely with the pre-registration undergraduate programme offered at the University as well as being developed in conjunction with local clinical need.
- Build transferable skills along with the ability to lead and innovate in the healthcare sector.
Main Campus Location
This programme is undertaken at the Gilmorehill Campus, in the West End of Glasgow. Easy to travel to by bus, subway, train or car.
Continuing professional development
Each course can be taken as a stand alone continuing professional development (CPD) course.
This Advanced Practice in Health Care programme is made up of three components: 2 core courses, optional courses and a project
Both of these courses consolidate and extend your knowledge of research approaches and are a prerequisite for the independent project. The independent project is only completed by students undertaking the MSc.
- APPLYING RESEARCH APPROACHES IN HEALTH CARE
- RESEARCH APPROACHES IN HEALTH CARE
- INDEPENDENT PROJECT
- EDUCATION FOR PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE
- GLOBAL HEALTH CHALLENGES
- INFORMING PRACTICE THROUGH THE EVIDENCE BASE
- LEADERSHIP IN CONTEMPORARY HEALTH CARE
- LEADING CARE - PUTTING LEADERSHIP INTO THE HEALTH AND SOCIAL CARE CONTEXT (online distance learning)
- LEADING IMPROVEMENT IN CARE PROVISION (online distance learning)
- TRANSFORMING CARE SERVICES (online distance learning)
By undertaking the 20 credit optional courses listed below, and focusing assignments within the relevant topic, a named award may be obtained in the areas of:
Acute & critical care
- ACUTE AND CRITICAL CARE
Health care chaplaincy
- PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE IN SPIRITUAL AND RELIGIOUS CARE IN HEALTH AND SOCIAL CARE
- PROVIDING SPIRITUAL AND RELIGIOUS CARE IN HEALTH AND SOCIAL CARE
- ADVANCED HEALTHCARE PRACTICE
Advanced Lymphoedema Management
- LYMPHOEDEMA ADVANCED PRACTICE
This programme meets the demand for the preparation of both specialist and advanced healthcare practitioners.
Research, education and management roles within the healthcare sector and the NHS are where career opportunities lie, with a number of past students completing PhDs in nursing and healthcare.
Many graduates from this programme work within the NHS in Scotland but some have obtained roles in hospitals in Europe and Asia.
Graduates' job titles include, for example:
- clinical lead nurse
- staff nurse
- advanced nurse practitioner
- occupational therapist
- senior research nurse
Some graduates have also gained roles in academia in the UK, North America and Asia, for example:
- teaching assistant
- college instructor
MSc (Med Sci)
University of Glasgow
The University of Glasgow is one of the UK’s most prestigious seats of learning, and the fourth oldest university in the English speaking world. Established in 1451 and recognised for its world-changing research and teaching, the University has inspired thinkers from eminent scientist Lord Kelvin and the father of economics Adam Smith, to Scotland’s First Minister Nicola Sturgeon.
- is ranked 67th in the world in the QS World University Rankings 2020
- is in the top 100 in the world: Times Higher World University Rankings 2020
- 95.9% of students in employment or further study 6 …
Not what you are looking for?Search our comprehensive database of postgrad programs.
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here