find your perfect postgrad program
Search our Database of 30,000 Courses
University of Glasgow: Advanced Nursing Science
|Institution||University of Glasgow View institution profile|
|Department||School of Medicine, Dentistry & Nursing|
Designed for the growing number of graduate nurses from international countries wishing to work in clinical leadership or extended roles in clinical practice as nurse practitioners or consultant nurses.
- Become involved in lifelong learning whilst being adaptive to the dynamic care environment and supporting quality care delivery.
- Close involvement of NHS clinical staff in the planning and delivery of courses ensures that the programme is current and relevant.
- The themes offered link closely with the pre-registration undergraduate programme offered at the University as well as being developed in conjunction with local clinical need.
- Build transferable skills along with the ability to lead and innovate in the healthcare sector.
- Option to specialise in Acute Critical Care (see programme structure for further details)
Main Campus Location
This programme is undertaken at the Gilmorehill Campus, in the West End of Glasgow. Easy to travel to by bus, subway, train or car.
This programme will be delivered via lectures, workshops and seminars. The virtual learning environment and video/digital education resources will be used.
- INFORMING PRACTICE THROUGH THE EVIDENCE BASE
- RESEARCH APPROACHES IN HEALTH CARE
- APPLYING RESEARCH APPROACHES IN HEALTH CARE
- EDUCATION FOR PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE
- LEADERSHIP IN CONTEMPORARY HEALTH CARE
- INDEPENDENT PROJECT
- GLOBAL HEALTH CHALLENGES
By undertaking the 20 credit optional course listed below, and focusing assignments within the relevant topic, a named award may be obtained in the area of:
- ACUTE AND CRITICAL CARE
Various options are open to graduates, for example, many remain in clinical practice becoming specialists and advanced practitioners in their chosen fields.
Some decide education is their career destination, returning to the department to gain further expertise in a teaching role, both in undergraduate and postgraduate.
Increasingly we are seeing graduates returning for PhD study, further embracing evidence-based approaches to clinical care.
University of Glasgow
The University of Glasgow is one of the UK’s most prestigious seats of learning, and the fourth oldest university in the English speaking world. Established in 1451 and recognised for its world-changing research and teaching, the University has inspired thinkers from eminent scientist Lord Kelvin and the father of economics Adam Smith, to Scotland’s First Minister Nicola Sturgeon.
- is ranked 67th in the world in the QS World University Rankings 2020
- is in the top 100 in the world: Times Higher World University Rankings 2020
- 95.9% of students in employment or further study 6 …
Not what you are looking for?Search our comprehensive database of postgrad programs.
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here