find your perfect postgrad program
Search our Database of 30,000 Courses
University of Glasgow: Advanced Lymphoedema Management
|Institution||University of Glasgow View institution profile|
|Department||School of Medicine, Dentistry & Nursing|
This programme will provide the advancing healthcare professional wishing to study at Masters level the opportunity to learn the theory and practice of advanced skills in the management of complex lymphoedema, including the Casley-Smith technique of Manual Lymphatic Drainage.
- The first course will provide students with the necessary skills and the theory underpinning these and explore the evidence base. The second course will facilitate the application of these skills in more complex situations and in the context of delivering and managing a service. This will facilitate further development of skills in analysing and synthesising clinical findings and evidence for decision-making at an advanced level.
- The programme combines workplace learning with part-time attendance and on-line learning to explore and contextualise contemporary issues and the latest research evidence. It will prepare students to the level of a health care professional Band 7 Lymphoedema Advanced Practitioner as proposed in the Lymphoedema Framework Template for Management (Sneddon, 2007).
- This specialist framework is based on the Skills for Health Career Framework (2007 www.skillsforhealth.org.uk) and the Knowledge and Skills Framework (DoH 2004).
Main Campus Location
This programme is undertaken at the Gilmorehill Campus, in the West End of Glasgow. Easy to travel to by bus, subway, train or car.
Managing Complex Lymphoedema (40 credits) and Lymphoedema Advanced Practice (20 credits) combine to give the Postgraduate Certificate in Lymphoedema Management.
Core and optional courses:
- LYMPHOEDEMA ADVANCED PRACTICE
- Specialist Lymphoedema Management
University of Glasgow
The University of Glasgow is one of the UK’s most prestigious seats of learning, and the fourth oldest university in the English speaking world. Established in 1451 and recognised for its world-changing research and teaching, the University has inspired thinkers from eminent scientist Lord Kelvin and the father of economics Adam Smith, to Scotland’s First Minister Nicola Sturgeon.
- is ranked 67th in the world in the QS World University Rankings 2020
- is in the top 100 in the world: Times Higher World University Rankings 2020
- 95.9% of students in employment or further study 6 …
Not what you are looking for?Search our comprehensive database of postgrad programs.
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here