University of Glasgow: Clinical Nutrition
|Institution||University of Glasgow View institution profile|
|Department||School of Medicine|
|Telephone||0141 330 4515|
This Clinical Nutrition MSc provides health professionals with specialist knowledge and training in clinical nutrition and is designed for doctors, nurses and pharmacists. You will gain an in-depth, evidence-based knowledge of clinical nutrition and have the opportunity to undertake clinical case studies.
**Academic contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Admissions enquiries: www.gla.ac.uk/enquirenow
MSc (Med Sci): 12 months full-time**
**WHY THIS PROGRAMME**
- NUMBER 3 in UK for Medicine (COMPLETE UNIVERSITY GUIDE UK 2020)
- There is a growing need for suitable qualified clinical nutritionists who are already qualified health professionals, this programme provides training in evidence based nutritional practice for health professionals.
- Students have the opportunity to assess nutritional needs of patients and discuss the contribution of nutrition to the cause, progress and treatment of their disease and communicate the nutritional aspects of clinical care to health professionals.
- This Clinical Nutrition degree allows students to reflect on clinical practice and how it can inform local protocols and highlight learning points for their own practice.
- Our staff are highly trained, enthusiastic and experienced when it comes to Clinical Nutrition courses. This programme has a truly international flavour, taught by an international teaching and clinical staff and external experts
- You will learn how to develop a substantial research proposal as a team, gaining valuable skills for future employment. A range of transferable skills eg critical review skills, which are highly sought after within the competitive job market, are integrated and embedded in the programme.
- You will have the opportunity to observe clinical work at Yorkhill and the recently refurbished Glasgow Royal Infirmary.
The programme provides a thorough grounding in the principles, practice and research of nutrition and the opportunity to follow a successful career in the UK or overseas. You will have the knowledge and experience necessary for engaging in and contributing to current issues in the field of human nutrition. An additional research component allows the development of valuable skills for practising and interpreting nutrition research.
The teaching programme is given in the form of lectures, practical sessions, debates, case studies, team work tasks, self-directed learning, seminars and tutorials. Additional material and electronic resources such as quizzes, online chats and teaching videos are available on moodle, the University’s virtual learning environment, to support and enhance students’ learning experience.
- Food and nutrient requirements and nutrition through the lifecycle
- Digestion, absorption and nutritional metabolism
- Dietary and nutritional assessment
- Public health and eating behaviour
- Clinical nutrition specialisation
- Nutrition research proposal
**Clinical case studies dissertation**
Subject to satisfactory results, students progress to clinical case studies supervised by relevant clinical staff.
This programme includes a range of training in transferable skills.
**Programme alteration or discontinuation**
The University of Glasgow endeavours to run all programmes as advertised. In exceptional circumstances, however, the University may withdraw or alter a programme. For more information, please see: Student contract.
|Level||SCQF Level 11|
You must be a clinical health professional and therefore have a degree in medicine, nursing or pharmacy from an institution recognised by the University Court. If you apply for Clinical Nutrition but are ineligible you will be considered for Human Nutrition with specialisation in Clinical Nutrition (please see our page on Human Nutrition).
You are required to provide two references, a full degree transcript and a personal statement with your application.
|Location||University of Glasgow|
University of Glasgow
|EU||8850 GBP for Year 1|
|England||8850 GBP for Year 1|
|Northern Ireland||8850 GBP for Year 1|
|Scotland||8850 GBP for Year 1|
|Wales||8850 GBP for Year 1|
|International||25170 GBP for Year 1|
University of Glasgow
The University of Glasgow is one of the UK’s most prestigious seats of learning, and the fourth oldest university in the English speaking world. Established in 1451 and recognised for its world-changing research and teaching, the University has inspired thinkers from eminent scientist Lord Kelvin and the father of economics Adam Smith, to Scotland’s First Minister Nicola Sturgeon.
- is ranked 67th in the world in the QS World University Rankings 2020
- is in the top 100 in the world: Times Higher World University Rankings 2020
- 95.9% of students in employment or further study 6 …
Not what you are looking for?Browse other courses in Food, Food science or Nutrition, or search our comprehensive database of postgrad programs.
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here