University of Glasgow: Cell Engineering see: Biomedical Sciences
|Institution||University of Glasgow View institution profile|
|Department||School of Life Sciences|
Crucial for clinical diagnosis of diseases and appropriate treatment of patients, Biomedical Science is vital to the operation of the NHS and related health industries. Largely based on individual research projects rather than coursework, the MRes allows you to specialise in a particular area of study. Especially useful if you want to proceed to a PhD.
**Academic contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Admissions enquiries: www.gla.ac.uk/enquirenow
MRes: 12 months full-time**
**WHY THIS PROGRAMME**
- The aim of this programme is to complete two different extensive research projects of your choice allowing you to acquire a wide range of knowledge and skills directly relevant to the study of human disease.
- TOP 20 in the UK for Biological Sciences (Complete University Guide 2020)
- Receive excellent training in a wide range of modern molecular biology techniques required to enter the pharmaceutical / biotechnology industries or to pursue a career in research.
- Experience the opportunity to specialise in a particular discipline or area. (see below)
- Gain valuable practical research experience to complete two extensive research projects.
- If you are aiming to study for a higher biomedical science degree, this programme is designed for you.
- An ideal introduction for overseas students who may wish to proceed to PhD biomedical science studies in the UK.
The overall aims of the programme are to provide you with
- Knowledge, skills and confidence to pursue a career in laboratory research.
- Theoretical and practical understanding of advanced techniques used in modern biomedical sciences research.
- Opportunity to practice research skills in the laboratory by completing two extensive research projects.
**Core courses include:**
- Molecular genetics of disease.
- Higher skills in biomedical sciences.
- Two individual 12 week research projects - By undertaking these two research projects in a cognate research area, MRes students can choose to specialise in a particular discipline or area.
**Programme alteration or discontinuation**
The University of Glasgow endeavours to run all programmes as advertised. In exceptional circumstances, however, the University may withdraw or alter a programme. For more information, please see: Student contract.
This program will prepare you for careers within life sciences, particularly those in which research plays a key role. You will be equipped with the knowledge, understanding and skills to allow you to progress as a researcher or as a basis to pursue a PhD within the life sciences or medical sciences.
Previous students have gained employment within:
Contract Research Organisations
Research Development Management
Pharmaceutical and Biotechnical Industries
Master of Research - MRes
|Level||SCQF Level 11|
A second class Honours degree or equivalent (eg GPA of 3.0 or above) in a relevant subject. Professional experience may be taken into account.
International students with academic qualifications below those required should contact our partner institution, Glasgow International College, who offer a range of pre-Masters courses.
|Location||University of Glasgow|
University of Glasgow
|EU||8500 GBP for Whole course|
|England||8500 GBP for Whole course|
|Northern Ireland||8500 GBP for Whole course|
|Scotland||8500 GBP for Whole course|
|Wales||8500 GBP for Whole course|
|International||21920 GBP for Whole course|
University of Glasgow
The University of Glasgow is one of the UK’s most prestigious seats of learning, and the fourth oldest university in the English speaking world. Established in 1451 and recognised for its world-changing research and teaching, the University has inspired thinkers from eminent scientist Lord Kelvin and the father of economics Adam Smith, to Scotland’s First Minister Nicola Sturgeon.
- is ranked 67th in the world in the QS World University Rankings 2020
- is in the top 100 in the world: Times Higher World University Rankings 2020
- 95.9% of students in employment or ...
Not what you are looking for?Browse other courses in Science, or search our comprehensive database of postgrad programs.
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here