University of Glasgow: Cancer Research and Precision Oncology
|Institution||University of Glasgow View institution profile|
|Department||School of Life Sciences|
|Telephone||0141 330 4515|
With a 'bench to bedside' approach, this programme enables graduates to work within a multidisciplinary environment of world-leading scientists and cancer-specialists addressing the latest challenges in cancer research.
**Academic contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Admissions enquiries: www.gla.ac.uk/enquirenow
MSc: 12 months full-time**
**WHY THIS PROGRAMME**
- The aim of this MSc is to train cancer researchers to break down barriers currently preventing discoveries at the bench from being translated into treatments at the bedside.
- Top 20 in UK for Biological Sciences (Complete University Guide 2020)
- Learn to communicate effectively in a multidisciplinary environment, critically evaluate a wide range of scientific data and research strategies
- Make a significant contribution to cancer research by understanding the science, methodology and terminology used by scientists and clinicians from different disciplines.
- Receive integrated teaching in molecular biology, pathology and clinical service by a multidisciplinary team of world leading cancer scientists and clinicians within the Cancer Research UK Glasgow Centre.
- Network with scientists and clinicians from research centres, universities and hospitals around Glasgow helping to deliver the very best in cancer research, drug discovery and patient care. The centre’s world leading teams have made major advances in the understanding and treatment of many cancers. For more information, please visit: http://www.wecancentre.org/
- Hallmarks of Cancer
- Cancer Research Distinguished Seminar Series
- Core Skills in Cancer Research
- Cancer Stem Cells, Metastasis and the Microenvironment
- Drug Discovery
- Cancer Clinical Trials
- Designing a research project: biomedical research methodology
- Bioscience Project**
- Immunotherapy and Precision Oncology
- Omics Technologies for Bioscience
- Clinical Genomics
**Programme alteration or discontinuation**
The University of Glasgow endeavours to run all programmes as advertised. In exceptional circumstances, however, the University may withdraw or alter a programme. For more information, please see: Student contract.
The knowledge and transferable skills developed in this programme will be suitable for those contemplating a PhD or further medical studies, those wishing to work in the health services sector, and those interested in working in the life sciences, biotechnology or pharmaceutical industries, including contract research organisations (CROs).
|Level||SCQF Level 11|
A very good degree in Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Medicine or other relevant biological/biomedical sciences. Alternative qualifications will also be considered on a case-by-case basis.
An IELTS score of at least 6.5 with a minimum score of 6.0 in each component (or equivalent qualification) is required for students who do not have English as their first language.
When applying, please include a CV and personal statement that explains how your previous studies provide a suitable background for this programme.
|Location||University of Glasgow|
University of Glasgow
|EU||8850 GBP for Whole course|
|England||8850 GBP for Whole course|
|Northern Ireland||8850 GBP for Whole course|
|Scotland||8850 GBP for Whole course|
|Wales||8850 GBP for Whole course|
|International||23500 GBP for Whole course|
University of Glasgow
The University of Glasgow is one of the UK’s most prestigious seats of learning, and the fourth oldest university in the English speaking world. Established in 1451 and recognised for its world-changing research and teaching, the University has inspired thinkers from eminent scientist Lord Kelvin and the father of economics Adam Smith, to Scotland’s First Minister Nicola Sturgeon.
- is ranked 67th in the world in the QS World University Rankings 2020
- is in the top 100 in the world: Times Higher World University Rankings 2020
- 95.9% of students in employment or ...
Not what you are looking for?Browse other courses in Science or Scientific research methods, or search our comprehensive database of postgrad programs.
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here